Vintage Mustang Forums banner

SOLD!!! 66 Fastback: Drive me home!

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Coleman 
#1 ·
The time has come to part with my 1966 fastback. Please forgive the length of this post, but there is a lot to say about this car...

This is a beautiful and fiercely reliable automobile. I am only the second registered owner and have had it for approximately 15 years. I wouldn't hesitate to drive it cross-country at a moment's notice. I drive it with all the confidence I would have in a brand new car; rain or shine, hot or cold. Lots of punch; pleasant rumble from the exhaust; and thumbs-up at nearly every red light.

This is the only vintage Mustang I've ever owned that has a rock solid original cowl. No cowl leaks mean no rusty floors. All original body panels and floors. No wrecks, no rust – ever.

• Tahoe Turquoise
• Aqua & White Pony Interior
• C-code car (302 engine in place)
• GT trim (fog lights, rocker stripe, trumpet exhaust, etc). Note: This car is NOT a factory GT!
• automatic transmission
• 4 bbl. Edelbrock carb
• electronic ignition
• 4-row radiator
• Classic Auto Air "Perfect Fit" air conditioning
• SSBC front discs
• custom lower and upper consoles
• CD player (4 speakers)
• custom dash-top gauge pod
• 1965 Thunderbird tail lights (LED and sequential)
• 1970 pop-open gas cap
• Torq Thrust wheels with BFG tires
• Dual exhaust (2.25" pipes, X-pipe, Dynamax mufflers)
• tri-Y headers
• many, many, many new parts over the years. 2 very full folders of receipts. Virtually everything that typically needs to be replacing on these cars has been replaced on this one.

I restored this car to be a show car approximately 12 years ago. Couldn't stand not driving it, though. It therefore has the small scratches, chips, and upholstery imperfections that go along with being driven. Most of them though, need to be pointed out to be noticed. (No door dings, dents, or significant scratches.) And while I no longer consider it a show car, I do continue to enter shows and bring home the occasional trophy.

The price is $20,000.

I have a unique proposition for the right person though, that may get you into the fastback you've always wanted...

I'm willing to do a partial trade for a '65–'68 hardtop. Here's why: After my car sells, I intend to take a portion of the proceeds and purchase a driver hardtop. And with the specialized audience here on the VMF, I thought it might be possible to skip that step altogether.

Here's what it will take:
• solid, rust-free hardtop
• Any year from 1965 through 1968
• V8
• must be turn-key condition just like my fastback is
• A/C is a big plus
• $10,000 to $12,000 in addition to the hardtop.

I'm moving on from my 2+2, but not from Mustangs. Still want/need a good-looking dependable vehicle for daily driving, and don't want to fully restore another.

I plan to post pics of the fastback shortly. But until then, you can write me at articulate@austin.rr.com and request pictures be sent to you.

If you want a concourse show car, this one isn't for you. If you want one that you can drive everywhere, wash & wax in the driveway, and enjoy it as if it were still the 1960s, then you're in luck.

Thanks for taking the time to read all this!

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: 66 Fastback: Drive me home!

Sent you an email.

#4 ·
Re: 66 Fastback: Drive me home!

Dan66 said:
Photos sent, Jerry.
Beautiful car!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.