Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1966 Coupe

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  sgray 
#1 ·
Nice Driver Coupe. Is a 'T' Code, but correctly converted to a 302V8. This included all suspension, steering, throttle linkage, and even the correct kick down linkage for the C4.

Suspension/Steering/Brakes:

• [li]Complete Mustangs Plus "Grab a Trak Suspension"
    1" Front Sway Bar
    620 Coils
    Rear Leafs
    New Bushings (Polygraphite)
    KYB Gas Shocks
    Completely Rebuilt V8 Steering[/li]

Mechanical:

• [li]302 with 7K miles
    Rebuilt C4 with 7K miles
    Granada 9" Rear (Open)
    Edelbrock Performer Intake
    Edelbrock 650 CFM Carb
    Pertronix Electronic Ignition and Blaster Coil
    New Stock Radiator (Runs cool in traffic with 100+ Texas Heat and a/c blowing)
    Fan Shroud
    Flex a Lite Fan
    Flow Master Dual Exhaust
    [/li]

Interior:

• [li]Interior was restored about 8 years ago. Garage kept, minimal wear. Stock interior in good shape. Slight Wear on driver's seat
    Cruiser Console
    90s style am/fm cassette deck (dash uncut)
    Kick panel and rear package tray speakers
    Plaid Trunk Panel with spare tire cover and jack pack
    Original jack[/li]

Safety:

• [li]3-Point Seat Belts
    Firewall Behind Rear Seat
    3rd Brake Light in Rear Package Tray[/li]

Options:

• [li]1 year old Vintage Air Heat/AC. This system works great, and will chill you on the hottest days, and has a great heater

I have the original a/c that I will sell separate or include with car sell[/li]

Misc:

• [li]Original Owner's manual
    Original Manual for Safe Drivers, with "Send Help" and "Need Gas" windshield placards
    14" torq thrust D wheels and Firestone radials[/li]

Body:

• [li]Solid Body with all original panels (floors, doors, etc)
    Cowl does not leak
    One small dent/scratch in driver's fender from edge of garage door
    Front valence dented from hitting neighbor's escaped dog (dog somehow lived, thankfully)
    Driver quality paint. Presentable, 20-footer that gets compliments...but has road nicks, chips and some slight imperfections
    [/li]

The Bad:

• [li]Original 2 speed wiper motor works fine, but you have to fiddle with switch to shut it off. I replaced the switch - problem is still there. I would estimate that wiper motor needs to be rebuilt.

Car is cold natured - needs to be warmed up. This is not unusual for a carb car - and someone who is more handy with carbs can probably tune it better than I have.

Paint - as described above, paint is driver quality and panel alignment is typical Ford factory.

Hood needs to be aligned (up slightly in the rear, I may do this today)

Very slight bubbles at corner of door. This is very slight -

Only rust that I know of was around rear fender lips. This was cut out and replaced with metal by previous owner.

The trans will leak slightly when not driven for about 2 weeks. I believe this is due to the torq converter. I replaced the trans when I rebuilt the 302, but re-used the torq converer (which was a lower milage unit of about 2K miles)...should have put in a new one).[/li]

Again, this is a nice, dependable driver. I have about 14K in the car (way too much, I know) - and it is a really clean, nice little coupe. It is my wife's car and she is in school full time and has lost interest. I have spent the last 2 years restoring my '69 Bronco and this car is only driven about 2K miles per year. Right now it has set for the last 6 months - with the exception of short rides through the neighborhood. I am selling to fund a build of a Model A roadster.

Asking 10.5K - firm. I would consider a trade up for a fastback or convertible, but not interested in selling at a low ball price. I don't need the cash and will hold onto it for my kids if it doesn't sell. I have listed all the known issues with the car as I don't want to hide anything, and will take pictures of any area that you would like to see in more detail.

Here are some photos on the classic bronco website :

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146892
Thanks for your time -

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.