Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1966 Convertible K code $8500

8K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Mustangerbob1 
#1 ·
This is for basically the semi rolling unibody of a 1966 K code convertible that is rust free except for one place on the dash, that has been sitting in my garage for over 20 years waiting for me to get off my butt and fix it, but it is apparently not going to happen, so I am going to sell it.

I will try and get some pictures later this week, as the car is buried under boxes, etc.

Bad Stuff: Right now, the car is the unibody, the power top is still installed, and the 9" rear end is underneath it. That is about all that is "on" the car. I have a bunch more stuff that can go with it, which I will describe later. The car is titled in my name, in Texas. The engine is gone, and also the transmission.

Really Bad Stuff: This car has been off the road since the late 1960's, when it was totalled. I do not know what happened to it. What I do know is that there is EXTENSIVE welding on the car. The door posts, dash, cowl, rear aprons, etc. were all replaced. The car had a 4 speed transmission, and an automatic pedal hanging from the dash. It is a 1966 car, but the replacement cowl still had the 1965 instrument cluster. Many parts were replaced. The VIN is only on the front left apron as both rear aprons were replaced. I believe the rear body section has been replaced at some point. When I got the car, it was sitting dust covered in a body shop where it had been taken to clean up the welds, ensure the frames were straight in relation to the unibody (it is). The bill was never paid, and the body shop sold it to me. They did not care it was a convertible, they did not care it was a K code, they just wanted the money they had in it. When I bought it, I THOUGHT it was one of the missing convertible shelby cars, as it had a california build plant, and a very late serial number. It had a complete shelby drive train and shebly fenders, stripes, etc. Alas, it was not, but it was a 1965 Shebly engine and transmission (not available). I disassembled the car, and junked the junk, and kept what was good.

Overall condition: Body in excellent condition, grey primer and black paint. Car was originally black on black. No engine, no transmission, no interior, no doors, no fenders. Currently, no front end, springs, control arms, nothing. It sits on jack stands.

This would be a great car for someone who has a rusted out convertible, and wanted to transfer everything over to it, or someone who has a coupe, and wants to make a convertible instead of just cutting off a top.

Extra Stuff NOT NOT NOT included in the price, but if the BUYER of the car wants to pick through it and make an offer, here are some of the parts:

Complete body set up made up of doors, fenders, hood, trunk lid, all date code matched, that I took off a rust free california GT that was parked in 1968. They are absolutely gorgeous items, and this was to be the bolt on body parts for the K code.

Rebuilt disk brake set up including proportioning valve.

Convertible door and quarter glass

Convertible header stainless panels (all 6 of them)

The correct dual exhaust hanger brackets, cleaned and plated.

FOMOCO 1966 dual point distributor.

1966 Shelby intake manifold

Dual exhaust tie down shackles, cleaned and plated

Red and white Pony Bench Seat and convertible rear seat, reupholstered.

Lots of other parts.

Like I noted before, I will try and get SOME pictures of it, but it is deeply buried in my garage, and is my storage "tub".

Selling both my convertibles (see the other ad), to make more room for my Shelby and another project that I need to build with my teenage son.

Bob 214.882.5709

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.