Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
1966 Ford Mustang Coupe T5 302 V8 - NICE!!!
Ford - Mustang
1966 Ford Mustang Coupe T5 Trans New 302 Eng - NICE
See this Item on eBay
- Item ID: 260698381692
- ZIP Code: 23464
- Price: $16000.00
- Description: Selling my 1966 Coupe daily driver. I've done tons of work to this car over the years, with most of the drivetrain work being finished in the last few months. I recently dropped in a newly rebuilt T5 and a rebuilt 302 engine. This car is my daily commuter and is a great driver.
Originally purchased in San Diego, this has been a CA car all it's life up until four months ago when I brought it to the East coast for a military PCS move. There is only very minor rust in the typical spots. No major rot issues that affect the structure itself. Worst spot is the cowl that does leak if a bunch of water is poured down it.
Paint was done by previous owner sometime in 2005 timeframe. I'd call it a 8.5/10. It's nice driver quality. Not show quality.
Here is some info on the work I've completed...
- Brand new remanufactured 1968 Ford 302 cu. in. V8 engine
- Less than 2000 miles since install less than a month ago
- New Holley Street Avenger 4 bbl 570 CFM carb
- New Edelbrock Performer Intake
- New Crank pulley
- New harmonic balancer
- New water pump
- New Powermaster 100 amp one-wire alternator
- New aluminum radiator
- New mechanical Fuel pump
- New later model dual-bowl master cylinder and power brake booster
- New heater blower motor
Transmission / Driveline
- New rebuilt Borg Werner T5 World Class T5 Transmission (from 1992 Ford Mustang GT)
- Less than 5,000 miles on the rebuild
- 5th gear overdrive makes for easy on the gas mileage and low RPM's at highway speeds
- New steel driveshaft with larger than stock u-joints
- MustangSteve clutch cable setup
- MustangSteve roller bearing pedal assembly (converted to manual from automatic transmission)
- New sun visors
- New roof liner
- New Hurst Shift lever and boot
- New aftermarket Autometer gauges replaced stock gauges
- New Instrument cluster bezel
- New glove box door
- New dash pad
- New single-din CD player with IPOD player attachment in glove box
- New 6x9 rear package tray speakers
- New 18-circuit Painless Performance Wiring harness replaced old ratty original 7-circuit harness
- Wiring already ran with new harness for future upgrades such as electric choke, electric fan, electric fuel pump, power locks/windows, etc.
- New trunk carpeting
- 12V accessory plug installed in trunk along with trunk light
- Bucket seats
- New TMI center console
- New TMI plug n' chug ash tray cup holder (matches interior and center console)
- New seat belts
- New heater core and rebuilt heater box
- Clifford alarm system
- New American Racing polished aluminum wheels
- BF Goodrich tires have less than 8,000 miles on them
- New side view mirrors
- New Fuel cap
- New side ornaments
- Brand new 4-wheel power disc brakes by SSBC (less than 5,000 miles)
I've put almot $20,000 into this car not including the original purchase price. I realize I'm not going to make any money on this sale, but I'm not willing to give it away either, so no low-ballers please.
Contact Chris at email@example.com if interested.
Painless Wiring Harness
Front/Rear Power Disc Brakes (SSBC)
Last edited by smittycm; 11-25-2010 at 09:27 PM.