Vintage Mustang Forums banner

'65 Mustang, 5.0L EFI, 5-speed, $8500

4K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  drummingrocks 
#1 ·
1965 Mustang coupe. Tobasco red with rare ’65-only Palomino/tan interior. Professionally converted with a fuel-injected 5.0L and 5-speed out of a ’91 Mustang GT. Engine and transmission are still completely stock. Starts, runs, and drives like a late model; looks 100% stock until the hood is opened. Does not stall, surge, or search for an idle like so many 5.0L Mustangs. Gets around 23 mpg in town and 27 mpg on the interstate. Correct ’64.5-65 only Styled Steel Wheels. Driven daily for over a year.

Excellent original body with all Ford panels. Custom Autosound USA-66 radio with iPod hookup; original radio opening has never been cut or patched. Electric-Life power windows with hidden switches. Original door tag is still present. Hydraulic clutch with Tilton hydraulic throwout bearing. Manual brakes, manual steering. Correct ’65 underdash/hang-on air conditioner. Woodgrain/Pony interior instrument cluster, steering wheel, and glovebox door. Interior is immaculate. All original glass except for replacement Carlite/Ford windshield. Reproduction GT foglights, installed and wired as original. GT-style exhaust with Flowmaster 40 mufflers and reproduction trumpet tips.

Can be driven anywhere; needs nothing except a driver. I’ve owned it since 2007. On a recent trip to Myrtle Beach, it averaged 29 mpg on the interstate; it has all the fun, reliability, and drivability of a late-model Mustang with all of the originality of a ’65 Mustang. Clean and clear Georgia title.

Please call (706) 499-3622 or email with any questions. Please don’t waste your or my time with a ridiculous lowball offer. I do not need any help selling this car, nor do I have to sell it. I will not meet anyone, deliver this car, or hold it for anyone that is not willing to leave a deposit. Sorry to be this way, but I’ve had too many promises never materialize in the past. I am not a car dealer; this is a private sale. Clean and clear title. $8,500.

Please see additional pictures here: ImageShack(TM) slideshow

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.