Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1966 Mustang Convertible - Caspian Blue w/White Roof

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Philster 
#1 ·
1966 Mustang convertible, 289, automatic, very clean, floors and torque boxes good, Magnum 500 wheels with excellent raised white letter Firestones, good roof with clear rear window, many GT features, including rear valance with trumpet exhaust, woodgrain dash and console, wood steering wheel.

I bought the car in MA a year ago when I sold my '64 Falcon Sprint convertible. The Mustang was red, with Shelby side scoops and Centerline wheels. I had the scoops removed, painted it Caspian Blue, and put new emblems and trim on. Also bought nearly new Magnum 500 wheels with excellent tires.

For the interior, I replaced the instrument bezel with a GT woodgrain bezel, put a woodgrain, metal-back woodgrain on the glovebox door, bought used stock GT woodgrain door handles, and a used woodgrain console - all make it look much nicer than a standard black interior. Bottom line: you can't go anywhere without people complimenting your car.

Body has hardly any rust (small bubble on trunk lid) and looks like fenders and quarter panels were replaced. I wish they did a better job with panel alignment, especially the doors. Perhaps they can be adjusted at the hinge or jambs. Hood is a Shelby fiberglass one. Manual steering and brakes - both work fine. All windows go up and down fine.

Underside is good, with solid torque boxes, floors and frame. There is one rot spot on the rail at the rear mount of the passenger side leaf spring.

Manual roof is in good condition with clear back window, two tiny holes, no leakage, includes black convertible top boot.

Motor: carb rebuilt last year. Runs beautifully. Transmission shifts fine.

Looking for 2001 or newer BMW 3-series manual convertible.

Photos here:
1966 Mustang - a set on Flickr

$12,700
Located in VT

Attachments

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.