Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1964 1/2 289 Coupe in Springfield Oregon

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  antiacus 
#1 · (Edited)
1964 1/2 289 Coupe in Oregon - REDUCED

*SOLD*

1964 1/2 Coupe - [strike]$12,900 obo[/strike] $11,500

289 V-8. 3-Speed Manual. No AC or PS. Runs great.

Restored in 2009/2010. Car was disassembled, sand blasted, and painted. Pictures really don't do this paint job justice, the car really gleams. Changed color from wimbledon to a slighter whiter white. Not stark white though.

New stuff in the last 2,000 miles.

Edelbrock performer intake.
Holley 4160 600cfm elec choke carbeurator.
Pertronix ignitor ignition.

Mustangs Plus "grab a track" suspension kit with 620 coils and mid-eye leafs. This left the stance slightly uneven front to back so the car was professionally lowered by Dan Fouts in Roseburg, OR. There is no tire rub.

New windshield, carpet, headliner, pony seats, door panels etc, and various interior trim pieces that needed replacement. New wood Grant steering wheel.
New 17" torque thrust style chrome wheels with Ventus hrii 225/45 r17's
Lots more i can't think of right now.

Negatives and things left to be sorted: Horn & radio need hooked up. Both worked fine when disassembled for body work & paint. Also the radio worked and changed channels but the preset buttons are sticky and the dial doesn't move across the face although it's changing channels.

I've found two rust spots: The screws holding the door striker knob in place and on the door hinges themselves (not on the body).

The trunk has spray foam in between the body and wheel arches (see last photo) where water collected and rusted the quarter panels. The rust has been patched with new panels but he sprayed foam in that area to prevent condensation and more rust in the future.

The e-brake is stuck. At least the handle is. I seem to remember it working fine before the restoration so i'm not sure what happened there. I don't use it, so i didn't notice until just recently.

This is a really beautiful, solid example. Selling primarily to pay kids tuition.

More photo's & video here:
Flickr: Antiacus' Photostream

[strike]$12,900 obo[/strike] $11500

Thanks for looking!

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.