Vintage Mustang Forums banner

FS:65 K code conv

4K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  68COUPE 
#1 ·
I have a very nice 65 K convertable for sale in central Florida.Its restored and needs nothing.$35,000 will buy it

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Wow, That was fast! Wrong Non-Factory seat belts though...lol... Nice car..

Tony K.

#5 ·
Wonder if it has documentation..With a "K" code car like that...I would not buy it or spend that much $$$$$ without good documentation. A good deal if it was a real one..

#11 · (Edited)
Documentation: I.E. - Original Window Sticker, Original Sales or Dealer Invoice, Original Build Sheet, Original Ford Warranty card - Old registrations and insurance cards dating back to or close to when the car was new.

All of these contain the Original VIN number dating back to when the car was made. Too many fakes out there.. Though a good Mustanger knows what to look for...The average Joe- well..Let's just say, They get rooked!

If none of the documentation was available (as listed above), I would walk away from the deal in no time flat.. or seriously re-negotiate the deal substantially. If the car was found to be a fake, or non-original engine...You can drop over 10-12K off the deal..easily.. I have seen way too many "faked" VIN's on the Driver's side shock tower. A few years ago, There was a guy actually offering Shock tower stampings as a service. He knew exactly what he was doing and was asked to stop, and he did. I can actually tell his stampings apart from original Ford stampings, and so can other people. The average Joe - Just does'nt know.

85% of the time, Highly optioned original cars have somekind of good original documentation. If not, The car MUST, and I stress, MUST be verified by someone such as numerous MCA judges.

In the end, Hey, It's your money! :)

#12 ·
I very much dissagree with your guess of 85% of highly optioned cars from 46 years ago still retaining original documentation.A factory frame vin stamping and a matching title is good enough for me.Of course value should be adjusted after inspecting for unique parts and correctness.Being an MCA member is not a requirement to determine the authenticity of a mustang.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.