Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1965 Mustang Hardtop/Coupe 99% rust free/restomod? Rust Free! Okla car/project $3250

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Blown-v8 
#1 · (Edited)
1965 Mustang Hardtop/Coupe 99% RUST FREE OKLA CAR! Restomod/race car/donor car? $3200

1965 Ford Mustang Hardtop/Coupe/Notchback, 200 cid 6 cylinder, three speed manual. Original Sky Light blue, with Blue & white standard interior.

This is a complete and original Oklahoma-Code 65/DSO'd car in dry storage for more than two decades, first it has seen the light of day in these pics in the past 25+ years. Last titled in 1977, this car doesn't look like much, and is truthfully kinda ugly upon initial viewing. Once you look past the dirt, and grime, and the light surface rust here and there, and you will find a nearly 100% rust-free Southern body. Even the rubber drain plugs are still in the bottom of the quarters and trunk drops! Remarkable condition throughout the quarters, wheelhouses, frt & rear frame rails, torque boxes, trunk pans, aprons, shock towers, core support, floor pans, etc. The ONLY panel I can find that (may) need replacement would be the RH/battery inner apron. It appears to be bent a bit on the top surface, possibly from a light bump in the front at sometime.

The bare metal rings are still evident (now surface rusty) on the rear frame rails at the shackles, and on the top of the trunk pans from the assembly line! The car retains NICE original paint on the floor pans underneath the sound deadner inside the car. The doors are also super solid/clean, as are the fenders, and rear deck lid. Door jams, trunk drip rail channels, etc are just like new! The hood is the only panel that wouldn't likely be re-used as it has a bent corner on the rear, same goes for the front valance, which is not great. This is NOT your average northern junk we are used to seeing in the salt belt. In fact, it's one of the cleanest and solid coupes I have ever seen/owned in all the years I have been around early Mustangs.

If you are considering building an early coupe, or have a very rusty early car (possibly a V8, GT, Hipo, etc) that needs extensive metal work which would far-exceed the value of the vehicle, here's an opportunity for a rust free donor car to build your car. This car has had ZERO panel replacements, and has virtually zero rust, save for minor surface rust. The ONLY (two) actual spots of rust I could find on the entire car are on the quarter panel on the RH side, forward of the wheel, 1" to 1-1/2" inches long, less than 1/4" wide and a few minor blisters in the front of the lower RH door. That is IT! The car is genuinely this rust free!

This car is truly remarkable condition from a unibody standpoint, and one heck of a great restoration candidate as it was originally delivered by Ford, or this could be an amazing donor vehicle, for your restoration, restomod, race/drag/road race car, etc. It's dirty, it smells, as animals, etc have been in it over the years, but you couldn't even begin to buy, let alone replace the normally needed sheetmetal on a rusty project for what I am wanting for this vehicle. Car does not run (likely would though!) and needs to be rollbacked/hauled away.

Prics is $3200/very close offers, no low ballers thank you very much :) Car is located in Central Ohio. Car has clean Ohio title from '77!

I have a ton of additional pics:
Jbevingt@columbus.rr.com

Attachments

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.