Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1964 1/2 Ford Mustang Coupe/Project Car, Rare, 1 of earliest 64.5's ever built! $2500

8K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Blown-v8 
#1 · (Edited)
1964 1/2 Ford Mustang Coupe/Hardtop, Real 64 1/2 with a U-code 6 cylinder. Super rare & original Black/Red color combo--likely one of the first ordered in this color combo! This is one of the earliest you will ever come across. With a 108000 sequential number, it's one of the first couple thousand Mustangs EVER produced. Ultra early April 6th production date, only three weeks in to production! According to the "Mustang Production Guide" by Jim Smart/Jim Haskell, this car falls into their publication as approximately the 150th Mustang their registry has ever been able to document/account-for!

Complete car, fresh out of dry storage for more than two decades, this is the first it has seen the light of day in these pics in the past 25+ years. This car doesn't look like much, but it has above average aprons, shock towers, etc. Needs fenders, and exterior body work, but this is not your average northern junk we are used to seeing in the salt belt. All unique 64 1/2 componentry is in place, the only item I could not determine to be correct was the original hood, which appears to have been replaced. Everything else seems to be there, including the 13" wheels. Vehicle needs complete restoration, but a car well worth the effort, due to its ultra-early build date/uniqueness, etc!

Warranty Number: 5F07U1085**

Year: 5 1965 (1964 1/2)

Plant: F Dearborn, MI

Body Series: 07 2 Door Hardtop

Engine: U 170 1v I6

Unit: 1085XX

Body: 65A 2 Door Hardtop, Standard Interior

Color: A Raven Black

Trim: 85 Red Crinkle Vinyl, Standard Interior

Date: 06D April 06, 1964

D.S.O: 31 Cincinnati

Axle: 5 3.50:1, Conventional

Trans: 1 3-Speed Manual

Vehicle has a clean Ohio title. It's dirty, animals, etc have been in it, so it doesn't smell great. Price is $2500. Car does not run (likely would!) and needs to be rollbacked/hauled away. Car is located in Central Ohio.

Better pics can be sent, just shoot me an email: Jbevingt@columbus.rr.com

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Has this car sold yet?

Gibs

#3 ·
I haven't been on in months. The car is still for sale. Thanks!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.