Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1966 289/ C code coupe /solid project

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  289kman 
#1 ·
I thought I'd put the word out that I have a 1966 V8 coupe for sale. I am in the Cleveland, OH area and the car is located nearby.
Had it shipped in from CA. years ago and it's an original Springtime yellow, 289 2v, automatic. It has what I believe it's original 289 and C4 trans.
Here are the specs:

Body: Fantastic. Southern CA underneath with doors that are solid to match. Has grease and undercoating but always stored indoors. Quarter skins and tailight panel were replaced due to 30 years of dings and dents. Fenders are solid but have dings and dents. Doors..fantastic and some of the best I have ever seen. Hood is solid with some dents and trunk is nice. Overall a very nice base to build the car you desire with no rust repair needed. I had cowl cap removed and any patches/repair done to prevent leaks. (big job done) Body is caked with paint (some brush)! that will need soda blasted.

Motor:
289 2v that I believe is original based on date codes. Motor does run but is tired (120 lbs compression in most cylinders) Carb was removed for another vehicle but I can include an original rebuldable core. C4 trans is original, shifts but leaks
Axle is original

Interior-
Typical sun beat black original interior that will need resto kit. Carpet was removed and it needs seats but we can work that out.

Car is ugly but very solid and buildable. Great project for those in midwest that would like to skip the rust repair/welding.
Car is available for 4900.00 and I do have pics for those that I talk to and are serious. PM me with a phone number if you'd like to learn more.

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.