Vintage Mustang Forums banner

65 Mustang Conv. 289 4sp - $19900 (586) Mich.

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  guy48065 
#1 ·
Selling my 65 convertible. Rangoon red with white top & red interior. Everything works on this car--start it up & drive it away. It's an older restoration--guy I bought it from bought from a dealer & didn't have any details--but the paint shines like new and the interior is either original or top-grade repro. Top is bright white and the vinyl window is not yellowed. There are 2 match-head-size pinch holes in the top just above the window on the passenger side. Not a "numbers matching" car. The original automatic was swapped out for a Toploader at some point. The engine is the C-code 289 but has been warmed up to near hi-po specs with solid lifters, etc. Hooker headers & duals exiting below the valence give a nice note that's not too loud. Suspension is good with updated shocks, nice fat BFG's on Magnum 500's.

Starts great, runs great & has never given me a bit of trouble for the 2 years I've owned it.

Power options: None :)
That's manual steering, manual shift, manual brakes (dual reservoir feeding disc/drums), manual top, manual windows. no AC, and AM-only radio. It DOES have the correct rally-pac tach & clock and emergency flasher switch in the glovebox.
One small issue: The car had the driver-side mirror in a stupid location below the top edge of the door (as seen in the album photos). I recently installed driver & passenger rear-views in the correct location and haven't filled the screw holes on the driver's door. That's a minor blemish & a cheap fix at a body shop.

I'll let the photos tell the rest...
forsale pictures by guy48065 - Photobucket

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.