Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1966 A code Convertible

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mustang 
#1 ·
Going to put it back on the market. I really want a fastback so prefer to trade vs. sell.

1966 A Code Convertible (4 Barrel) 225 hp
Candy Apple Red with Dark Red Interior
Texas Car - solid with no rot or major panel repair

I built this car for my wife to drive around town with a focus on safety and reliability. It is a rock solid car and I drive it a few times a month. Since I finished it - she was accepted into Dental School and does not have the time or interest. I really like the car and do not need the money - so I won't give it away.

Brakes

Reproduction K-H Type Front Discs with a Power Booster and Slotted Rotors
I have not rebuilt the rears as they work fine - Including the E-Brake

Mechanical

Rebuilt 289 with 8K miles
Rebuilt C4 Auto
Balanced Driveshaft
Pertronix Billet Distributor
Electric Fuel Pump
Mini hi-torque starter
Edelbrock performer intake
Edelbrock 650 cfm carb
Shelby Engine dress up with open letter valve covers and oval air cleaner
New Engine and Headlight Harness
Aluminum Radiator
Electric Fan
Dual exhaust with flowmaster mufflers

I converted this car from a factory 3-speed manual to an auto. My wife is too short to operate the clutch in the car. The conversion is done right, with the proper auto brake pedal, throttle assembly and working transmission kick-down lever. Converting a mustang to a 5-speed is a quick and I am considering converting it back to a manual if I do not sell it.

Suspension

620 Coils in the Front with .5 a coil removed (2" lower overall)
1.25" front sway bar
All poly-graphite Bushings
Rebuilt upper & lower control arms
New mid-eye springs in the rear with 1" lowering blocks. The springs did not lower enough and I added the blocks to bring down the rear.
Car has a slight rake and is about 1" lower in the front

Steering

Unisteer power rack & pinion
IDIDIT Tilt Column. The column is moved forward towards the dash about 3" for better driving angle

Interior

TMI Pony Interior with added bolsters for hip & thigh over the stock frames
Adjustable front head rests
Pony wood grain steering wheel
The carpet is 2 years old, but has a hole for the old factory a/c in the passenger side of the transmission tunnel
New Red Top Boot
Uncut Dash with original am radio
Old Air a/c heat system with under dash registers

Wheels/Tires

Vintage Wheel Works Shelby 10-spokes with BFG Tires

Exterior

Blacked out grille with Horse/Corral removed
Shelby style pony badge on driver's side
30 year old paint. It has some nicks and wear, but is presentable. My wife did not want me to paint it because I would be too picky about where she parked it and keeping it spotless ...
Newer white top with no tears or stains. The top is installed very, very tight. It looks great when up, but is hard to close if the weather is close. Top is manual.

Overall this is a very nice driver mustang. I have no issues jumping in it and driving it at 75-80 into Austin and the hill country. It is not a show car, but a nice driver that has not been abused or patched together.

Thanks for the time/space and interest !

EMAIL: AGSHELBY@GMAIL.COM

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.