Vintage Mustang Forums banner

my 66 project is on ebay :(

9K views 42 replies 15 participants last post by  sixseven 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Very much so man. I don't have much of an option though. I'm looking at 4k that I need ASAP to replace this whole unit. You know how crappy our weather is down here, lol

#5 ·
In case anyone was actually interested, I have well over 5k into the car. I would like to see about 4k back if possible, but I am willing to negotiate. The body is almost rock solid minus that little patch that needs to be welded in, and its already stripped down and ready for the prep work!

#8 ·
I definitely appreciate it! I can work with him to some extent too on getting the full payment, pick up, etc

#9 ·
I shot your information to him in an email. I honestly am not even 100% sure how much of a "project" he is looking for. I just know his first car was a used 65 coupe and he has been wanting to do another coupe with his son as a "learning/bonding" experience.

#11 ·
1199 views and 86 watchers, so lets hope so!

#13 ·
I agree. Someone is getting a good deal I have a feeling. I hope it doesn't go less than 3k honestly, I would almost rather keep it and figure something else out

#14 ·
1236 views, and 87 watchers. SOMEONE has to bid late, right??

#16 ·
1746 views and 111 watchers, they better!

#17 ·
Ended at $2500 with s message from the winner saying he can't pay got at least 2 weeks. Great. I lose $1500 and the guy can't even pay!

#18 ·
If you don't get your money from the buyer, could you consider stripping it the various parts sold independently may bring you out much further in front? Mark down 25% buy it now, local pick up?

#21 ·
Usually there is a disclaimer Ebay puts in teh ads that payment is expected within "XX" days. I think its either immediately, 3 days, or 7 days. I'd relist it since you didn't hit your mark.

#22 ·
I stated in the auction I wanted payment in 3 days. He said His daughter wrecked her car earlier that day and he tried to retract the bid, but couldnt.

I will likely just relist it today with a buy it now and accept offers.

#26 ·
I stated in the auction I wanted payment in 3 days. He said His daughter wrecked her car earlier that day and he tried to retract the bid, but couldnt.

I will likely just relist it today with a buy it now and accept offers.
Sounds like a B.S. story to me. You get a lot of people like that on ebay and it is even worse on craigslist.

I understand about needing a/c there.... I lived in Shreveport for 27 years and left in nov. of '93 for Colorado ( I love it here and will never leave but miss the fresh seafood and crawfish!).... the a/c quit a couple of times while I was there and it was MISERABLE until it got fixed both times. The humidity is terrible... you can't even hardly sleep at night....

You will get it sold for a good price and have that cool air before you know it!

Dave

#23 ·
I do like the idea of just selling the car as is and selling the parts here though!

I have to keep te suspension parts on it though, to much hassle to try and remove them and then trying to move the car. Bleh!

#27 ·
Well, good news and bad news. Good news is that my AC is "fixed" for the time being. IT was not the ac that burned up, it was a 100 amp breaker that fried. Apparently my house has not been up to code since it was wired in the 70s so my box does not have a main breaker. The electrician said I am lucky my house has not burned to the ground. THe AC is blowing right now, but something had to overload that thing in order to melt it like that.

I need a lot of electrical done, and I am still going to have to replace the 20+ year old unit outside. The inside was done about 3 years ago. I would like to offer the car with everything to anyone interested for $2500

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.