Vintage Mustang Forums banner

65 GT Clone Coupe (Western NY)

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Lightning 
#1 · (Edited)
1965 Mustang coupe GT clone, originally a poppy red T code.
Sharp, high quality PPG 1966 Ford Candyapple red finish with black vinyl top, has a few small bubbles in the paint on the lower drivers door. NOS ford GT emblems and lettering
Date coded original sheetmetal, no patch panels, no reproduction replacment sheetmetal (even has an NOS GT valance), ultra clean undercarriage in red oxide, welded in subframe connectors.
NOS red Pony upholstery with fox body GT lumbar/side bolster adjustable seats
upholstered to match (Original matching NOS upholstered Pony front seats included with sale)
Moto-Lita mahogany 15” cobra steering wheel
Autometer Gauges in GT Bezel
Carbureted 1995 Cobra 5.0L/ T5-5speed, Mustang Steve Cable clutch. (Components for EFI conversion go with sale)
Fuel supply set up for EFI with rear mounted high pressure electric fuel pump, Aeroquip hoses with return. By pass regulator in place for carbureted operation.
Mac long tube headers with full Mac 2.5 inch exhaust thru GT valance
Borgeson Power steering conversion
Trunk mounted battery
Wilwood front discs
Street or Track strut rods
Baer Tracker bump steer kit
Arning dropped A arms/ GT coil springs.
2001 17x8 Mustang GT wheels on rear with 245/45 tires NO SPACERS
2001 17x7( narrowed by weldcraft) Mustang GT wheels on front with 205/50/17 tires
1967 9” rear 3:00:1 open diff rear end with big drums with custom driveshaft by Denny’s
Griffin radiator
Heater delete, intent was to install A/C which was never done (original heater box, core and related parts included in sale)
American autowire wiring harness
Halogen headlights on relays

Probably much more I’m forgetting.

I’ve owned this car for 12 years and purchased it 100% rust free, car was stripped bare and received a complete reconstruction from 2001-2004 and has been kept under cover in my garage since. Prior to my ownership it was stored in Tennessee unregistered since 1983 and has not seen rain since at least 1983. In the late '70's someone started this GT project and collected all of the NOS Pony upolstery, emblems and GT components, even the GT stripes from ford while it was still available and I aquired all of that still in the Ford boxes boxes when I purchased the car. It has been driven no more than 1500 miles while Ive owned it. It’s a strong runner and a reliable, comfortable pleasure to drive.

Id love to see the car go to someone who will enjoy it as I rarely drive it. Price reduced, my wife wants to see what its like to park in the garage for the first time in her life.

Asking $12,000 or best offer eellis1@roadrunner.com

Delivery may be available depending on location

Attachments

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.