Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1966 Mustang deluxe, air all the goodies/

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Tonys65Pony 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 1966 hardtop. ITs a very rare car in that its 10)% numbers matching.
Options are/were
white with black interior and black Pony seats.ny interior
V8 289 2v C code
Auto trans
Power steering
Power drum brakes
Air conditioning
Wood wheel
Am 8 track radio.
Vynyl Top
car is original.
Wimbleton White with black interior and Vtop.
Car had new floors installed/finish work needed and quarter skins/outer wheel houses and DS trunk floor installed. I have all the parts needed.
Its a pretty complete car torn down some for the restoration. Perfect front clip/ rails towers, etc.. excellent rear rails.. Doors fenders very serviceable and trunk lid and the hood should be replaced.
I will set the engine trans back in for moving if you would like.. Cars got the neat stuff like the correct fan shroud, fan, all ac and brkts, the rear canted filler neck for the PS with an air car. Original bias ply tires (I guess its a low mileage car (under 50k) and original wheel covers. mostly all there.
I think things like the dash pad, carpet and door panels were discarded/ got the door speaker grilles and all that sexy stuff still there. Whne I bought the car I wanted some parts and sell off some parts but its way too good for that.
MOST all options.. other than some BS options like a napkin holder.. this car has everythign you would want in a high line mustang probably with the exception of GT package or Rally pak.
$3500 for fast sale. If not sold in a couple weeks the quarters will get done/finish cowel and it will be on track to being a very special Mustang hardtop again.

See less See more
#4 ·
Are you kidding me? LOL. Barely an inquirey.. This is one of the neatest early coupes and I am certain I can drive a bargain where it is the best deal on this site... !!
I hear an aweful lot about 10k plus coupes/you can slap the parts I have for the car/ quarter wise and let Maaco do the car, drop driveline in and you would be significantly south of 10k. and in the end you have a numbers match well optioned car//where are they on this site like that?

#5 ·
I think pics would help as well as being clearer about what you are/are not including. Good luck!

#6 ·
I think the problem is while it seems like a neat car once restored I think there would be more invested then the car would bring. It's really hard to sell a project these days.
Now with that said if it were a 67 and was the one my dad had years ago I would be all over it.

#8 ·
hey guys no problem
I will try posting pics.
I (as you guys know I am not the regular hobbyest) know the car can be great again for less money than I hear about. Floors mint, good body, great options. IE (and this may offend some since I am a shelby, mach, boss, fastback and convertible guy) if I were to have a coupe, this would be the one, hence why I even bought it. its coming with the quarters the car needs to redo and thats the only welding necessary. I am thinking of having them done and then retry but as I invest the price goes up, I absolutely know the project market is week but I just sold a project cobra, pretty much done 1972 mach (only tweaking), 3 project cars (68 fastback, 65 GT convertible, and a 64.5 coupe all light projects. And all for good Money. I sold off part of the collection to pay some college bills..
Thanks for the responses, I was starting to think people were asleep on this site..LOL.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.