Vintage Mustang Forums banner

F/S 66' coupe 4-spd. 289

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Horsehead 
#1 · (Edited)
4-sale-66 cp. 4-spd. 289

Very solid 1966 C-code coupe, 289-4 speed....Has the original 289 motor that was rebuilt about 6 years ago with about 45,000 miles. Motor runs and sounds great. Car came factory with a 3 speed manual transmission but now has a period correct 4-speed Top loader. ID tag HEH-BW. (66 Mustang/wide ratio) Clutch is good and Hurst shifter operates very smooth through the gears. Car was repainted metallic blue from it's original color (Code T) Candy Apple Red about 6 years ago. They didn't put a lot of work in the paint detailing but would be OK for driver condition while restoring... New bumbers, emblems, etc. were installed then. Worse spot in paint is on the roof panel... (see pic's). The front and rear frame rails, rail extensions, floor pans, rear quarters, shock towers, all fender aprons, front and rear valiance's, radiator support, doors, fenders, rockers, etc. are in very good condition and DO NOT NEED REPLACING... The cowl does leak as most do but otherwise this is very solid and rust free Mustang. Needs interior work as far as headliner, carpet, etc.. I personally would change the interior color to black or white. If you want originality the factory Interior trim code is 25 (red vinyl). DSO code is (22) Charlotte, NC. Assembly plant code is (T) Metuchen. This mustang would make an excellent winter project for someone..I was going to restore but to many projects right now...I've described the car the best I could. Can send more pic's upon request. Feel free to call (9AM-9PM EST.) with any questions you may have. If no answer/leave message please.. I will return your call as soon as possible..Car is located in Virginia.. Price is $7500 firm ....540--578--4954....

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
New wheels---new pics..

Put some Magnum style wheels on the car. Like the looks myself... Car is still for sale at the same price but firm at $7500.00 cash... This Mustang is almost 100% complete and running. And not a rust bucket either. Thanks for looking. And if car sells i will post it sold---so still for sale as of now...11-23-2013

Attachments

#4 ·
Thanks----the Magnum (rally) style wheels do look good against the blue paint.. Found a pretty good deal on them on Craigslist. Figured i'd go ahead and just put them on. Hope your cars coming along OK and thanks again.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.