Vintage Mustang Forums banner

"D" Code, Four Speed Coupe

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  don_k 
#1 · (Edited)
"D" Code, Four Speed Coupe--- Sold!

I am selling a truly unique and rare early Mustang. It is called a 1965, but in truth it is a 64.5 Mustang. It is a factory "D" code car, which could be either a 260 or a 289 four barrel car. Currently has no motor, but, I have a 289 long block on hand that you can have with the car. I do have the original intake and heads from the car.
This is a power steering, power brake, four speed and console car. Talk about rare!
The four speed is still in the car and is good, but, it has no bellhousing.
Originally Harvest Gold but repainted the funky brown that you see on it now. The interior is actually pretty nice. Seats have been recovered, new headliner.
All glass is good. Dash is not cut up.
This was in fact a "generator" car, and a rebuilt generator is in the trunk.
Car still has one of the original "Beveled" headlight buckets on it. Original hood and the other beveled bucket are gone, who knows where.
Structurally this car is outstanding! Shock towers are pristine, torque box is perfect, and the floors are super, super nice! No rust is showing in the fenders, doors, quarters, rockers or trunk. The body is arrow straight!
I have a new front bumper on hand, along with the other pieces that are showing as missing on the car.
Make no mistake. This is a project car. However, the early "D" code, four speed, (64.5) cars are getting ultra rare and very valuable. If you are looking for a very, very solid platform, and an extra rare Mustang that is more than worth restoring, you cannot find a better project than this one. This is not your regular "beater" Mustang, but a rare and special car.
Price is $4850.00 OBO

Attachments

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.