69 Convertible 351 Candy Apple Red Excellent - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Garage
69 Convertible 351 Candy Apple Red Excellent

This car is my pride and joy but life changes so you have to move on. It needs nothing and is absolutely gorgeous. I'll list everything done to it below. They only made 1 convertible for every 20 Mustangs in 1969 with a total of around 14K making this a rare production car. It has been carefully restored and nearly everything has been restored or upgraded. Deluxe Marti report included. Original Window Sticker! All docs on all work done to the car!
Original specs:
1969 Mustang Convertible, 351W engine, 2V (now upgraded), 9 inch rear end (open 2.73 for enjoyable cruising) automatic, power steering, and a power top original T code (Candy Apple Red) paint
Upgrades and repairs
Dual exhaust
All suspension has been replaced with new parts within the last year.
Original engine and transmission (by VIN stamps)
Engine removed and completely freshened up with all new seals. Cylinder walls inspected and showed plenty of life left.
Export brace and 1.25" sway-bar added.
Engine bay cleaned, painted and the whole engine bay presents very well (see pics)
Brand new 750ca battery
All new belts and hoses
Transmission completely rebuilt (less than 100 miles)
Power brakes were added with new Willwood 12" disc brakes up front
Shaker Hood, front and rear spoilers (not original to car but original 69 style)
17 inch black torque-thrust style wheels and Firestone tires (less than 500 miles, 1 year old)
Weiand Stealth dual-plane intake manifold (new)
Holley 650 carb (new)
Upgraded electronic ignition (low profile HEI with MSD high-perf coil)
Brand new wiring harness front to back!
New gas tank
Interior like new (redone to original dark red), sound/heat lining under carpet, original dark-red steering wheel professionally restored (unlike the ugly after-market crud). Original radio in place (powers on, not connected to speakers/antenna)
New black top.
New chrome bumpers, backup lights, side markers and all trim.
2 stage (base-coat, clear-coat), Candy Apple Red (Ford T, original color) paint (paint is 4 months old)
No rust car. Floor-pan and rails all repaired, painted and coated for actual driving without worry. No rust anywhere.
No leaks.No Smoke
Starts right up, runs very, very well, very dependable and the 351 makes a lot of torque.
I have the original rear quarter ornaments and original carb to go with the car. (can buy the original argent wheels, I know where they are and he'd sell them)

$31,500

Attached Images
File Type: jpg afa7980052ccf32 (1).jpg (102.1 KB, 3 views)

Finally old enough to drive the car I want instead of the one I need.

Last edited by uncledoodoo; 04-28-2017 at 03:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
No longer for sale

Finally old enough to drive the car I want instead of the one I need.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page