1971 BOSS 351, all original, 10,680 miles, asking $49,000.00 - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

1971 BOSS 351, all original, 10,680 miles, asking $49,000.00

Guys, I am selling my 1971 BOSS 351. I bought this car in October of 2012 from the original owner who's dad bought it for him while he was in Vietnam. It had been under a cover, parked in a garage in MA for 10 years. This is an all original car, even the windshield wipers are original. All paint, body parts, 4 speed, 351 motor, distributor, carb, rev limiter, seats, glass, carpet, everything is original. All lights, gauges, mechanisms, all work as they should. Runs and drives. Factory exhaust, thought is rusting out. Factory wheels and center caps, hoses, hose clamps, alt, spare, bottle, padding, etc. Even has the factory FA-50 air filter. There is some surface rust on the body on the door window ledge and the small rear window ledges. Also, there is some rust under the hood around the air intake due to a mice nest inside the hood and on top of the air cleaner. The heater box is out, but still have the original along with a new one. Even have the original spark plug wires. The paint is a 8-9 quality. No rust anywhere on the panels or frame, other than what was mentioned. I have some NOS parts, carpet set, extra set of roll tires, a bumper, floor padding, and some smalls. This one may be the very last of an all original BOSS. I took it to a MCA show in Beaumont, and national BOSS judges told me to leave it as is, it is a time capsule. Other than cleaning it up from sitting in the barn, and getting it running, it is like I found it. It was in the July 2013 Mustang Monthly under Rare Finds. I can send pics upon request, but please do not waste my time or yours. It is a very rare car, and it is for sale, not on sale. There is one dent on the fender, the size of a quarter, and that is it. I also have a Marti Report that would go with it, showing it is 1 of 1 with a ring blow horn, that does work. It is medium yellow gold with black interior. There are some mice holes in the headliner, but I was told to leave the headliner, the hood, the rust on the ledges alone. I treated the rust with oil, and that was it. This car has ZERO body rust other than the surface rust describe; none on any rockers or body parts. If interested please call me at (337) 789-6276. I am in South Louisiana, between the Duck guys, and the Alligator guys on TV. Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg m 2.jpg (45.0 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg m 3.jpg (51.4 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg m 6.jpg (54.5 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg m 8.jpg (39.2 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg m 9.jpg (56.4 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg m 11.jpg (44.0 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg m 15.JPG (71.2 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg m 18.jpg (49.7 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg m 27.JPG (77.5 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg m 39.jpg (42.5 KB, 83 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 09:21 AM

I'm more interested in how the mileage on your car is going backwards?

Your original post in November had it listed at 10,685.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riles View Post
I'm more interested in how the mileage on your car is going backwards?

Your original post in November had it listed at 10,685.
Maybe the transmission only works in Reverse so anytime he drives it he has to go backwards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page