Vintage Mustang Forums banner

C7FE-6250-A Camshaft

8K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  jimbo 
#1 ·
LeMans 289 camshaft very popular in the 60's. Mechanical lifters, an "upgrade" from the HiPo camshaft.

Anybody know if this grind is being reproduced?

#2 ·
Art, I run a cam that some refer to as LeMans plus. It is real close to the original's spec and carries Isky Grind # FL-378.
Lobe Ctr 106 deg.
Duration 290
Intake open 39 bef. TDC - intake close 71 aft. BDC (exhaust is reversed)
Cam lift .320
Valve Lift .512
Overlap 78

At .050 lifter rise
Duration is 250
Intakle open 19, close 51.

Runs nice, idles better than you think, pulls good to 5800, 6500 max.

#3 ·
This place up in Canada lists the LeMans cam. You might also try Holman Moody. It seems to me like Sealed Power/TRW or Mellings made them also, but I couldn't find the info.

I ran one 15+ years ago in a 289 HIPo 64 Ranchero. Really good sound & good mid-range power. Specs IIRC were .510 lift and 318* intake / 304* exhaust duration...

#5 ·
I have one in my clone. It is a ford part . I have the installation sheet here in front of me if you need any 30 year old advice from ford. It sounds great. Idles OK. good grunt and it pulls to 7 grand in my 289. I chicken out after that . It sounds orgasmic with weber carburators on top of it. I had a friend who did that back in the seventys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.