Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Dukes of Hazard 67 Shelby spotted.

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Roddster 
#1 ·
Clone I hope! on the back of an auto transport with a couple of Jeep CJ-7's and Hummer H2's, at 5 am Friday going south on the I-5 grapevine heading toward L.A. It was painted black with white LeMans stripes, with numbers on the doors and roof. On the quarter panels and trunk lid it had the name Mr Hogg written in white, with head shots of Burt Reynolds wearing a white Stetson on both quarters and trunk lid. Both tail light lenses were blanked out with aluminum. It had a set of what appeard to be black spoke steel rims. It appeared to be set up for a possible racing scene. I didn't get a good look at the front but it did have the 67 Shelby hood. I should start taking a camera with me on these trips. :horror:

#7 ·
Yeah, it's been shooting down here in New Orleans and Baton Rouge. I have a 12 and 15 year old and they wouldn't even know it was a remake unless my wife and I told them about the original series. I'm tempted to buy the first season just so they can see what it was like, but I think it would be a waste of money. We all would probably think it's just way too corny now; however, there's always Daisy Duke and a pause button ::

#9 ·
THE GENERAL LEE BEATEN BY ANOTHER CAR, COME ON MAN, WHO'S GONNA BELEIVE THAT? HUH? BOY, SOME PEOPLE ARE SOOOO NAIVE
Seems to have been two Mustangs on the Dukes of Hazzard -- "00" and "13" -
Here's more (it's on the web - must be true :biggrin:):

Quote:
"The Double Zero belongs to local racer Buzz Kilroy and has the distiction of being the only car that ever whupped the General in an overland race. The car was a 1967-69 Ford Mustang fastback. It has a blue paint job with flames on the front and OO on the side."

Link

You'll have to scroll down to see both Mustangs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.