Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Jim Beam Mustang decanters

17K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  Kevin Jones 
#1 ·
Who knows story behind these decanters? I heard from a long time Mustanger that there where three colors of coupes, all either 65 or 66 models. White, red and black. But was curious as to how many and exactly when these where available. AND, of course, how much would they be worth? What about the alcohol? Can you resell one if it still has the contents intact? liquor license and all? Just my curiousity.
Thanks.

#2 ·
Good questions, I would be curious as well. Most that I have seen have been the white which is more like beige (at least mine is now). Got mine in the mid 80s. You do see them in antique shops, not sure if the booze makes a difference or not but I seem to recall them going for around $50. Haven't looked at EBay.

#3 ·
The white is the most common, followed by the red. The black decanters only were sold in Florida and I think (not sure) the number made was 1,200. You can resell the decanters, but if you're mailing them they have to be empty. I have a white with the seal intact, and a red and black one that I bought on eBay about eight years ago. The black ones go for $200 up now, and the red ones probably about $100-150.

#4 ·
Colt said:
exactly when these where available. .
In the fall of 1985 I saw an add that stated they would be available for the up coming holiday season. I went to the local liquor store and ordered mine. I still have the box, brochure and have never opened it,(the bottle) IIRC it cost me $55. I dont remember having a choice of colors, but since I had a white 65 coupe maybe I just didnt consider any other color.

#5 ·
I also have all three intact with boxes and full of liquid (?).
The black was definitely the most expensive. They all come up on ebay fairly often but some in poor condition or without boxes or labels.
I also have the 79 Pace car decanter which is also full. It was much less costly than the Jim Beam decanter.
J.

#6 ·
Yes, Laurie is right -- 1200 black ones made for Florida distribution. MCA had article in Aug. '95 Mustang Times about these decanters. No quantity given for white & red ones. They were made in 1985 as I recall seeing them in mall liquor store at that time. I only have a white one -- still full ! ! !

#11 ·
I have a white one which is full still. I recall being in college & seeing one for sale in a liquor store window for sale ( new ). I saved this article from an MCA `95 magazine. Dean

Reactions: Huntingky
#12 ·
I have an extra red one for sail. It is empty.

Reactions: Huntingky
#14 ·
I have a black one for sale, forgot I had an extra.

#18 ·
Yes, it's still available.

#20 ·
No, it's empty.

#23 ·
I have a full red one and a white one, neither is for sale. Don't know of any black ones and it is illegal to send them through the mail with the liquor in them.

#25 ·
I am asking $200, no box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.