Vintage Mustang Forums - View Single Post - Info On Early Mustangs

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 10:55 AM
70Mach03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie_S
Jim Smart has been following the discussion of that $5.5 million car and asked me to post the following information:

Thanks Laurie for getting Jim’s response to all this. As you well know, Jim hates to get involved with these things on the internet. No matter what he says, there will be some mental Mustang midget know-it-all out there who types 60 words a minute to dispute it with BS, innuendos, and hearsay.

It’s ashamed that someone with Jim’s historical knowledge and years of research can’t share it with us on a more regular basis. I’ve got several of his books and have told him he needs to update them. His “Mustang GT/Mach 1 Guide “ was published in 1989 and his “Mustang Production Guide, Volume 2, 1967-73” in 1994. Over the last nearly 20 years there has been a wealth of information that has been discovered on early Mustangs.

We need to start a write-in campaign get him and Donald Farr to update some of their previous editions of early Mustang books. Judging by the prices they bring on e-bay and such, now would be a good time for an update.

Bill Hamilton
[IMG]http://inlinethumb13.webshots.com/19...200x200Q85.jpg[/IMG]
My 1970 Mach

1970 Mach 1 with 351C-4V and 5-speed
2011 Shelby GT-500

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome