Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1964.5 MUSTANG 4.5 MILLION DOLLARS ON EBAY?

13K views 40 replies 28 participants last post by  pprince 
#1 ·
1964.5 CONVERTIBLE 5F08F100145 FOR SALE ON EBAY FOR 4.5 MILLION DOLLARS. THOUGHTS ANYONE? Item number: 220356756601

#3 ·
i had my 64 1/2 on ebay too for 6 million. like this one - it wont get any bids

#4 ·
Man oh man, i was just about to press the "confirm bid" button when i realized that my credit card limit was only $10000...oh well..
He should give Jay Leno a call....i'm sure he'd be interested..

#5 ·
From the Ebay ad:

This car has similar hand-assembly techniques as the newly discovered 05C pre-production prototype Mustang convertible and we feel that this car is also in the elite group of being one of the first few Mustang pre-production convertibles built
Good grief, not this again.... :popcorn:

#9 ·
http://www.grandtheftalfreido.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/flogging-dead-horse-300x183.jpg

#10 ·
How on earth can this car get almost as much as that newly found Bugatti?
It's just not THAT rare or unique.
Ah well, I'll just write a check. Just stand back 20 feet after it hits the ground.....
Long lost Bugatti

#11 ·
My thoughts???
I think this guy just smoked $4.5M worth of crack.

#13 ·
I have previously dubbed this the "Lone Moron Sales Theory".

All the seller needs is one person (the lone moron) to think it's worth that much, and he's RICH !!!. He's got about as much a chance of hooking that one moron as he has of hooking a trophy blue marlin in his bathtub...but maybe it's worth a try.

#14 ·
Hey he's got 100% positive feed back. He sold a statue and got positive feedback!

Wonder how much it would be "worth" without red paint on the warrenty plate, door latch etc.
:loco:

#20 ·
67steve said:
the french ..... pssssth
This quote is more priceless than the car.

#22 ·
An interesting Historical note on this car up for auction... Just by chance this evening, I was thumbing through an old "Mustangs and Fords" issue from May 1996 and Art Cairo (present owner) of the Henry Ford the II'nd's 1964 1/2 Black Mustang Hardtop with REAL Black Leather interior from the Ford Design group was listed as Production# 100148 and built Monday March 9th, 1964 - The first day of Mustang actual production. Henry Ford the IInd's car was the 10th car off of the line on the first day of production historical records show (because of the car's provenance)..so that would place this convertible somewhere around the 6th or 7th First Day Actual Production (Not Pre-Production such as Mustang #100001..)mustang built.

Tony Kovar
1966 Sprint 200 Convertible
MCA#70001

#24 ·
:popcorn:

:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

#25 ·
NEFaurora said:
An interesting Historical note on this car up for auction... Just by chance this evening, I was thumbing through an old "Mustangs and Fords" issue from May 1996 and Art Cairo (present owner) of the Henry Ford the II'nd's 1964 1/2 Black Mustang Hardtop with REAL Black Leather interior from the Ford Design group was listed as Production# 100148 and built Monday March 9th, 1964 - The first day of Mustang actual production. Henry Ford the IInd's car was the 10th car off of the line on the first day of production historical records show (because of the car's provenance)..so that would place this convertible somewhere around the 6th or 7th First Day Actual Production (Not Pre-Production such as Mustang #100001..)mustang built.

Tony Kovar
MCA#70001
Sorry but the article in M&F is wrong 148 is an 05C car. Do some research the last preproduction car built is 192. 193-211 donot exist

#26 ·
I don't know what you're getting at...Whether is was an "05C" car was never in debate...

Here's an excerpt from well known Bob Fria, Owner of 100002..

Based on Bob's research and news articles written in February 1964, Ford built approximately 150 '65 Mustangs at Dearborn prior to the March 9 startup date. These Mustangs were numbered 100001 through approximately 100173. All are believed to have the "05C" March date code, although they were bucked and assembled in February 1964.

So at least according to Bob...Pre-production at least ran to #100173....which would make sense... I agree...Going back and looking, The May 1996 article does looks incorrect. I don't know how they arrived at saying that the car (1000148) was the 10th off of the line either. Strange..

What source are you referencing for 100192 as being the last pre-production built??...And please, Don't tell me wait for the video...please..

Tony Kovar
MCA#70001

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.