Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Tall story

2K views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  stephanorf 
#1 · (Edited)
Put this in your browser and and have a look. Tall story I think. Who would leave a blank cheque with a "name your price" on your windshield when the mustang was second hand and production was well underway? I doubt when the 64 1/2 was introduced dealers receiving the new cars got any with "ponies running across the seat backs either. Just goes to show how stories handed down can become embelished and over inflated........just like the asking price!

GB

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1964...0591917?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item416eba85ad

#12 ·
The second photo is a great scenic setting indicates he's good at photography.
The 6 may be a typo which seems odd that someone asking $ 45K didn't read the ad!
Maybe doesn't know what a V8 looks like. Most non 4cyl cars now days are 6-V6!

Slim

#6 ·
This guy has one of the largest blarney stones imaginable in his pocket. All original? Really? Why then does he have V8 badges on his fenders and reports that the engine is a 6 cylinder? All original doesn't make things worth all that much more. I would say he has an extra zero in his asking price. Only leather interiors in the early Mustangs were installed in a couple of cars driven by the Ford executives, and they were all V8 cars SFAIK. The guy has wrapped a tall story around a very mundane early Mustang in order to jack up the price, IMHO.
Best,
Al

#14 ·
All original parts have been restored to factory condition by Vintage Mustang in Decatur Ga. Now that its completely rebuilt to original specs, I want to pass it onto someone who can appreciate a true classic and use the money to take care of my 80 year old mom.
Just take a look at the photos and if you want to ask any questions, please email me before you bid. I have over $60,000 in the rebuild. So needless to say, I won't entertain anything less the minimum sales price.
He states that he has $60,000 in the entire rebuild, not the engine. Mistaking the leather for vinyl is a common mistake. I don't think he spun the tale to make this car better than it is, he's just trying to recover the insane amount of money he paid for the restoration. Maybe he's exaggerating that number a lot or maybe the shop really screwed him because he didn't know leather from vinyl.

By the way, putting the car or a subject in the middle of a wide open shot with a ton of boring foreground (grass) actually makes one a poor photographer.

#18 ·
So, since mine is twice as nice, it must be worth $90,000. I think the story is an example of the many stories used to scam old people like his 80 year old mother...... "Now see, mom, I didn't get nealy as much for the car as we thought... It's dog food for you from here on in."

#25 ·
It would be nice to have the VIN number and door tag info. It might be a "D" code with lots of options. But then it doesn't have styled steel wheels (not even spinner hubcaps!), so it probably isn't "loaded". But a VIN number (at least the first 5 or 6 numbers) and the door tag data would be good....and more pictures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.