Vintage Mustang Forums banner

show your mustang!!

26K views 165 replies 125 participants last post by  Fstbk 
#1 ·
Hi guys!!

I´m a new member and in others forums, we have a Thread only to put a pics of our cars. can you collaborate? all mustangs in one thread. Pics, specs......all that you want! I start!!!

1966 built in San Jose, april 26. Power steering, air conditioned, disc brake, c4 automatic transmision, 289 code c. 39 years in L.A, 2 years in France and 5 here in Spain (europe)

next please??

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
I've got two. Parents bought them new.
'68 is a 289 with Edelbrock injection, truck C6, Gear vendors overdrive, carbon fiber driveshaft, 9" rear, full Global West suspension, B302 Trans Am front disc and 2.5" rear drum brakes. Rims are 16" Vintage Wheel Works V-48's.
'66 is a factory GT with a blueprinted 289, WR toploader, Versailles rear, full Global West suspension, B302 Trans Am front disc. Car has 'glass front fenders, Imron paint and about 200 subtle "improvements." Rims are 16" Vintage Wheel Works V-45's.

Attachments

#8 ·
Mine are in my signature, plus I have a 1971 Mach I and a 1966 Mustang Jr.

#14 ·
[/IMG]

Snapped a quick shot of the car in garage...

331 stroker with 405 rwhp. Ladder bar setup in rear. Coil overs all around. 4 discs. 5 speed. 9 inch. 6 point roll bar setup. Mini Tub. TCP Manual Rack and Pinion. yada yada yada

#15 ·
My first car, bought her when I was 15 in 1986.

#17 ·
Beechkid's

In 1965 my folks ordered this car &thirteen weeks later a Mustang was delivered to Ira Escobar Ford in El Segundo, California.
The car was delivered with a 289 V8 engine rated at 306 horsepower. A Ford/Shelby T-10 four speed transmission supplies power to the limit-slip differential with 2:80 gears. The "Fast Steering" option was included with the optional "Heavy Duty Suspension Package" which lowered the vehicle about an inch. As delivered, it was the third Mustang retrofitted with 4-wheel disc brakes, but unfortunately, brake failures of the other two previously delivered vehicles prompted Ford to send a memo requiring the "Vehicles Entire Brake System be Replaced with Drums and Velva-Touch Brake Linings Prior to Customer Delivery". In 1986, a one-year restoration project began & was completed 10 years later. In 2010, I hand fabricated of the billet aluminum air conditioning vents. All of the original purchase agreements retained. Prior to my mom 's passing, I gave her the car to drive for about a month, when she left mydriveway, she burned rubber (ever so gently)....when she returned the car a month later, I asked her how it was...she asked if the tires were wider? I said yes, she said she thought so....and yes, it drove just like it did new (and I didn't aske how she knew the tires were wider...my parents lived in a Mountain Resort area in SoCal).

The AC vent located in the rear package tray (the air exchange unit I fabbed up & is mounted underneath the package tray)

This is my hood lock assembly....there is a bar located inside the box directly behind the "forks" that via a cable "pin" the "forks" restricting their ability to open.

#20 ·
My first car bought 9-22-88 for 650.00$. It was a rust bucket should have went to the junkyard but it was the only Fastback I could afford. I was 14.

Attachments

#23 ·
Ok, here's mine. Info is in my sig pics...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.