Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Full floor pan,......

4K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  yelostang 
#1 ·
What full floor pan did you use and what did you think of the cut and fit?

Theres a pretty big difference in pricing that some offer especially with the additional 20% discount that is offered from CJ when they run a sale.

#5 ·
#3 ·
If I am not mistaken I/we used the lower $$ of NPD's floor pan. It fit like a glove, the metal was a little thinner (from what the catalog implied) which allowed it to bend some to fit it into the car- but welded up-its like a rock. If they are all like that- I wouldn't spend extra $$-

#6 ·
Thanks for the heads up on the thinner, cheaper pan being good to go:thumbsup:

#12 ·
i used a spectra, its very thick, and fit was great.

might actually be harder to form into the floor crossmember section than the thinner pieces which might be a good thing, or a bad thing depending on how hard you are willing to work.
Ya know- you might be on to something there: We did install the floor tight to the tranny hump x member (way tighter than either of the other two stangs here that have factory floors) and it was easy to pull tight at the rockers as well.

#13 ·
Our U.S.-made 011135-1A is Sherman. Our imported 011135-1AR is Golden Legion. I'm not sure who Dynacorn is buying their pan through, but there are plenty of different full-floor tools running in Taiwan.

So even though the U.S. importers may be sticking their logo on pans, it is not really a case of everybody rebadging the same part.

We chose our imported pan carefully.

Rick
NPD

#14 ·
Well Rick, whichever one the guy I bought mine from who bought it from ya'll rocked!!!

#21 ·
The names of the actual factories that make imported restoration parts are not household names... Hence brand-marketing by major w/d sheetmetal importers such as Dynacorn, Goodmark, AMD, Keystone, etc....

Some products are proprietary, some are not. You're talking about thousands and thousands of parts, so it's not reasonable/feasible to expect to understand or know all the ins and outs, exclusives and non-exclusives... Asking questions on forums like this is always helpful, and make sure you buy through a reputable source in case you ever have problems...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.