Vintage Mustang Forums banner

New Member Hello

2K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  jimsmustang66 
#1 ·
Hello, Well it is nice to be here. I have a 66 coupe that I am in the process of restoring. I am part owner of are family body shop. I have done quite abit of work to the car so far. I have stripped it to point of I am starting to weld new sheet metal back in place of the old rusted parts. I have cut off the frame rails and rad. support ,firewall,floor, with alot of thinking before I had started thinking about buying a IFS Mustang II. I have changed my mind I am going with stock front. I removed the motor I was told it was a 289 from the PO. I took it in to have it machined to a 289 HIPO well come to find out it was a 260. So that was the end of the road for the 260. Since all that came about I bought a 302 EFI roller motor. I will not be using the EFI I am going with a carb. I will post some pics soon. Thanks

#3 ·
Welcome! We love pics! Post 'em if ya got 'em :)

#5 ·
Welcome Jim. Let us know where you're from as well!

#19 ·
Welcome. I grew up near that neck of the woods. Let me know if I can help.

#22 ·
I know it's has been some time since I have posted. Well here is some up to date progress of the car. I have all rear quarters on and painted to bottom of the chassis. I just sprayed some parts to see what the color was going to look like. I will post pics and tell me what you think.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.