Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Should CJ's auction off the Forgotten Fastback for chariry

• Yes

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 46.7%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Should CJ's auction the Forgotten Fastback for charity?

2K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  Israel 
#1 ·
Yes or no

#4 ·
Just a poll dude... And a suggestion for CJ's to consider.

#5 ·
Their latest car build on their site.

#7 · (Edited)
I think they probably could raise more money by having a raffle. They could set it up so they get so much money for the car and rest goes to charity. If a certain dollar amount raised, the raffle is not held and money is returned.

#8 ·
Will the Fastback be on backorder? Will it have free shipping?

Couldn't resist!

#12 ·
Wow, didn't think I would get such negative reactions... Every car show I have ever been to has a sweet car raffled off (should have said that instead of auction) for charity...

And curious Jared, why would Steve get a good laugh at it???

#17 ·
Wow, didn't think I would get such negative reactions...
It just seems so bizarre and abstract. I'm not sure how you got from Point A of seeing the project on their site and Point B of "they should raffle it for charity." It's weird dude, just weird. I think weird things but I don't make a thread about every weird thing I think.

#15 ·
I think it would awesome publicity to raffle the car off. However, which charity would they choose? Its an awesome idea, but maybe this car belongs to one of the employees who is having CJs document their restoration.

#16 ·
True. Guess they could put a poll of charities on their site...

I always buy raffle tickets for reputable charities. IMHO, reputable charities and churches provide more effective support for people with needs than our federal and state government

#21 ·
IT'S A POLL... Nothing else... Not legally binding... Just a thought I had.

Mod's, can you just delete the poll and the thread....

#22 ·
It makes a difference wether a collector or a big corporation does any type a charity auction/raffle. The corporation has more money to give than an individual. For example I gave $1000 dollars to scholership funds last year. I gave it to help the charity. Lets say I 100k to keep number easy. This means I gave away 1 percent to charity. Many corporations give money to charity also. Lets say a corporation makes 10 million then they would give 100k to give a 1 percent donation. If a company is healthy and making money, it benefits them to give to charity. The positive PR and tax break probably makes up for the loss. I dont think wareagle was outta line posting it here. Might have been better to contact the company though. I only shop with companies that benefit it's employees and community. I dont go to walmart or sams club. CJ probably does other types of charities and I think it was a good suggestion for a charity. If not this car maybe another car that everyone could hype up so it can raise a bunch of loot for the charity. I would definately buy so tickets to support such a thing. The other thing is that it is posible the owner give to charities under his own taxes not corporate taxes. We would never even know this. If he did it under the corporation, he gets all the positive feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.