Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Not My Car, but a Nice $10K 1866 Convertible

1K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  cstrom 
#1 ·
This is NOT mine, and I get no $$ for posting this, or selling it.

I have seen this car, pretty well done, 6 cylinder to V8. I would replace the shifter, but that is just me.

1966 Mustang Convertible

#5 ·
You didn't know there were cars back then?? LoL. :shrug::pirate:

#7 · (Edited)
Needs some work on the paint and a new convertible frame, but everything else is great.
So, um... there's like... NO top (looks like entire frame is missing in last pic). Mmmm K. Based on the pics shown, I would disagree that the car was "well done." Appears to need a total repaint to me. Price seems pretty high to me.

#11 ·
Fit and finish on this car is far from "well done". Convertible top well is all sorts of strange. The chrome molding around the well is not there. Inside quarters are supposed to be upholstered and have arm rests/ash trays. Horn on Grant steering wheel is in wrong position. Not even vacuumed before photo, debris all over floors. Paying attention to details is what qualifies as "well done" in my book. This car will be lucky to get half the asking price.

#13 ·
Good eye, you're being nice by saying "somewhat", I'd say "completely". No doubt it is missing the other convertible structural components. I think we can close the book on this "well done" car and call it "poorly done".

#15 ·
Been a vert fanatic since 1960. Wouldn't touch this thing at any price! Vert's are verts at conception!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.