Vintage Mustang Forums - View Single Post - Surface Pro 4 vs. iPad Pro

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 09:19 PM
Alaric

Location: Midway, IN born & raised - Columbus, OH for the job
If the only options to consider are the Surface Pro 4 and the iPad Pro, stick to the Surface Pro. The iPad has always been a cool toy that you hand over to your kids when you need to get work done. The Surface Pro *is* the work machine *and* the play machine.

The Lenovo Yoga is better than both for anything other than traveling, in which case the Surface Pro has the edge (smaller screen, thinner, lighter weight) but it is platformed on older chip technology. That won't matter much at the time of purchase, but it might in 2 years (Surface Pro 4 is Intel Skylake based and the Yoga is Intel i7 based) I know that the Yogas are supposed to move over to Skylake-based chipsets, but I'm not sure if they've made that upgrade yet. (I haven't been in the market for a machine in a while, so I'm a touch behind on current details)

My advice is that unless you are purchasing something that is only to be used as a toy, discard the iPad from consideration. Go with either the Yoga or the Surface Pro.

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (SU3-00001) vs Lenovo Yoga 900 (80MK002CUS) - Laptops Co...
Microsoft Surface Pro 4 vs Lenovo Yoga Book Review: Has Lenovo Produced The Best Alternative For Surface Pro Series? : Reviews : Mobile & Apps
Head-To-Head: Lenovo Yoga 900S Vs. Microsoft Surface Pro 4 - Page: 1 | CRN
Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Challenged By New Lenovo Yoga Book
Intel's New Core M CPU: Everything You Need to Know

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome