Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1967 2B interior w/ aqua pieces??

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  67LSL 
#1 ·
I am restoring a 1967 Lone Star Limited with the 2B interior. I would describe the steering wheel, the horn button, and the knee trim on the dash as "light blue." It doesn't appear that vendors supply those parts in a light blue, only in Dark Blue or Aqua. Is Aqua the correct color for these pieces (i.e. Aqua = "light blue"), or is light blue simply not available in the aftermarket?

Advice on sources for the correct parts would be appreciated.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Aqua would be code 2K. My car's aqua and it's pretty distinct from the blue.

You might end up having to buy new ones and paint them the lighter color. Or if they're ok just clean up your old parts and repaint them. I've had to do that with a few parts that don't come in aqua. NPD and most other vendors stock the paint in spray cans for all the different colors.

#3 ·
I have a 67 with 2B also. I am rebuilding from a clean slate, so all of the vinyl is new. The knee pad and wheel center were lighter originaly, but I couldnt find those inlight blue. They dont look bad as they are now the same color as the dash and door covers. What really gets me is the wheel itself. The color doesnt match anything. Once things are all working again, going to a wood wheel will be my first redo. In person, the colors are actually a little darker than they look in this picture.

#4 · (Edited)
Hi Brad, thanks for the reply.

Your color scheme is likely where I'll end up. Where did you source your wheel, and what color do they call it?

Btw, I looked at your build thread. Nice work!

***EDIT: From your build thread I just saw a link to your blog where you have a link to NPD for the wheel. Thanks for documenting everything so thoroughly! I'm bookmarking your blog.

#7 ·
Worth exactly $208 from NPD if you order their "blue." :smile2:

I received mine in the mail from NPD yesterday. Matches Brad's pic. I think I'm going to paint mine to match the steering column and dash instead of having a blue/aqua wheel in a 2B interior.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.