Vintage Mustang Forums banner

just got my roller spring pearchs

1K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  six_sigma 
#1 ·
have to say thnx to Open tracker these look really nice and smooth , installed them in 1 hour but cant try them out today :(
since im in canada the shipping x duties killed me i think i paid 50-60$ u.s for shipping and then they hit me another 50$ for duties . but im still happy with the fast service and they well made part

#3 ·
ya its retarded but usps+canada post put a beating on me , when i get shipped stuff with fedex from the states it cost me 1/3 and was 2 boxes and 1 was a monte carlo bar inside so def way bigger box to . i just think mayb these big companies like summit x jegs must have some kind or arangment with fedex to b able to have shiiping x duties a fraction of the price . for all you small buisness owners like myself who arent using fedex mayb you guys should look into it mayb it can be a + for your clients withc would prob mean more sales

#4 ·
What I like about Summit, is that you know and pay up front...no surprises. Lately I've been trying to avoid buying from companies that ship via UPS. Sometimes we have no choice BUT one thing is for certain, if UPS is bringing something across the border I get hit brokerage fees every time to an average of $60-$65 each time. Nothing we can do about the duty fees if a parts origin is outside Canada, US or Mexico. All the same though, it kills me to have to pay so much extra over and above the cost of the parts.

#7 ·
If it's that much cheaper to ship Fedex, you should let John know. I'm sure he would hate to find out his preferred shipping choice is costing his customers big $$

#14 ·
The intent of that Canadian duties and tax deal is to dis incentivize purchasing stuff outside of the country that "could" technically be made instead inside Canada.

#16 ·
We don't actually pay "Duty" on items made in America that is what the NAFTA is for (while we have it anyway)! Those fees are Sales Tax (HST) and Brokerage Fees. The brokerage fees aren't actually collected by the government they're charged by the shipping company to pay for their time filling out the paperwork for importing the items which consist of writing out the value of the item and calculating the Sales Tax and determining if duties are owed. If the shipper collects the Sales Tax at the time of purchase to remit to the Canadain Gvmnt the brokerage fee is not charged.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.