February 16, 2017
Once the new tubs were welded, ground down and flapper disked, i made some mounting plates and tacked everything in. i left a 1/4" gap in between the inner wheel well and the outside of the new frame rails to allow space for movement and body flex and the trunk pan will then butt up against them. overall the tubs "SHOULD" be about 17" wide, i don't have my outer quarters yet so ill know forsake once i order them and get them in place.
once the tubs were tacked in place i was able to measure and form the fender extensions with the english wheel (english wheels are actually french for "Learning Curve"
) and welded the extensions in place
Febuary 22 2017,
had a few days off with sick kiddos
With the extensions completed and welded in i was able to design and start re-building the rear floor pans, with some experience with my english wheel and some fresh tin i was VERY happy with the outcome!
8hrs in and i now have new rear floor pans and extensions in.
Feburary 23 2017
as i was working on the rear pans and extensions i realized the passenger pans were scary flimsy..i was still unsure on the frame direction i was going, wether to weld the body to the frame or bolt it in. i was debating this for a LONG time, given the lack of stability with the pans i decided to box in the frame and bolt the body to the frame.
and the cabin floor is now complete.
Feburary 24 2017
this brings us to the most recent completion and up to date.
that Axle i got ages ago turns out to be much to wide at 59.5" flange to flange, so that put a huge stop to my Rear suspension, i did find a guy to buy my 9" and another with a narrowed 9" which measures 51" hub to hub. so i am just waiting for him to pull it from his car.
oh and just to cheese my buddy (guy with the 69' impala) off i took a picture of the impala wheel mocked up under the Stang.
so with that its the last year of my build summed up....stay tuned for many many many more updates.