Yesterday I purchased 2 used lower radiator saddle brackets I was missing, cleaned off the surface rust, straightened one, painted them, installed them, & installed the radiator to check the fit, looks good to me.
Yesterday I painted the hood hinges & installed them today along with the power brake booster/master cylinder assembly & hooked up the brake lines from the distribution block/proportioning valve to the master cylinder.
Today I was going to remove the rear axle assembly for a rebuild & replace the rear leaf springs, but I found the front leaf spring bolt is rusted to the metal sleeve inside the rubber bushing of the leaf springs. The bolts will need to be cut off to be able to replace the rear leaf springs, so that will wait for another day. Instead I installed the Koni STR T front shocks, & the hood latch support bracket.
I set the rear of the Mustang on jack stands & removed the rear bumper & the valance so I could get at the rear shackles easier. I soaked the rear leaf spring front bolts with rust bust & put my impact gun on it & could get it to turn but it will NOT come out. Time to cut it.
Well I did not like the Mustang sitting on jack stands under the rear torque boxes they were going to be in the way of me trying to remove the front leaf spring bolts since I have to cut the bolts to remove them. So I removed the old gas tank & placed 2 jack stands just inside the rear leaf springs & placed a 2x4 across them running under both rear frame rails & set the back of the Mustang on it.
Saturday I got the differential rebuilt w/trac-loc, 3.50 gears, new bearings, & new axle bearings by Alan at 8and9inchfordrears in southwestern NJ. Today I started cutting the r/s rear leaf spring front bolt.
Today after work using a 4 1/2" cut off wheel on my angle grinder I cut off most of the rear leaf springs & was able to cut off the bolt end that the nut screws on to but could not get the other end because the frame is in the way. I purchased a 7" cut off wheel & made a new guard to protect my hands while cutting. I was able to cut the other end of the bolt with the larger wheel & removed what was left of the leaf spring.