Ive also sorted out the ride height issues. I kept noticing that the rear passenger side seemed to sag a bit and it was annoying me. I did all I could to make sure the leafs were mounted right and everything was right to no avail. It wasnt until I went to lower the front a tad that I noticed one of the thin rubber spring isolator pads on the perch was missing on the driver's side. One of them, not both just one. I took one that was left off and took both off the pass. side and lowered the car to see what happens and Ill be damned if it wasnt level as could be all the way around. Go figure. I cut a little more off the springs to lower it some and made my own insulators so it would be even and now everything is happy. I tossed 1" lowering blocks in the rear and Im not back to being in love with the stance again. I will admit that Im a moron and forgot to get a pic of the new stance but I will get one soon.
I wanted to get to a dent in the roof and try to hammer it out so out came the half way ripped out headliner and insulation. There was some surface rust going on so I sanded it out and painted it to seal it up nice. I have some insulation paint I will add thats similar to Lizard Skin but Im gonna wait till warmer weather before I apply it.
This leads me to my latest BIG project. Ive finally got the cash, time and give a damn saved up to tackle something that has kinda bothered me since the day it was added to the car...the front intercooler/valance area. Originally I wanted a GT350R front valance with the intercooler behind it but being a silly kid...I ordered too big of an intercooler without realizing the valance leaves very little clearance where it connects to the radiator support. With that being the case, we cut the lower valance and made room lol. I wasnt happy with it so I cut and modded a lower spoiler to tie it all in and liked it more but was still never 100% happy. Dont get me wrong, it looked mean and stood out in a crowd but never really fit the clean look I was going for in the end.
After getting the stance ironed out I decided that enough was enough.
Out with the old, time to order the new. I measured and measured and measured and got an intercooler core that would fit the bill. I also decided to flip the intercooler so the piping and inlet/outlet were at the top running behind the bumper brackets which helped add some room. Im gonna toss the 2" mandrel piping and go with 2.5" this time as well! The new intercooler is shorter but just as wide from tank to tank and wider front to back so Im not going to lose anything performance wise. New intercooler, valance and stone gaurd were ordered and I got to mocking everything up. Ended up having to cut the lower radiator support open to gain some clearance so I boxed it up and painted it all black to protect it from rust.
Mocked up the intercooler and got it mounted.
Clearanced the area under the battery tray in hopes that the intercooler piping will fit over here. Its gonna be close. I welded up the panels real fast and sprayed it black.
Tossed together some braces to help support the hood latch. Its pretty solid now, even more so when the grill is installed.