Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Colorado Springs
- Great build thread! Thanks for sharing. It occurs to me I've never actually seen a 1969 GT350 H.
- Man, your county code situation really blows the proverbial monkey chunks. And your neighbors are flaming tools!
- If you could please use links to online photos instead of thumbnails, it would help everyone to better enjoy your build thread.
- It's really cool that you're keeping your original iron heads. I had a '69 Cougar with the factory 351W I rebuilt years ago. I did a lot of checking around and research. A very reliable old-timer informed me the 351W heads really respond well to porting; especially on the exhaust side. The term he used to compare the factory heads to ported heads was "Jekyll and Hyde". Thus, I think if you get some good porting work done, you'll be very happy with your iron heads. And they already have closed combustion chambers, so you got that going for you. (In my case, it turned my budget wouldn't support porting the heads.)
- I'm sorry the sheet metal work you had done is so lackluster. I never welded before I started my project and even my welds are better than that! Kudos to you for doing it right yourself.
I'm subscribed. Keep those updates coming and Happy New Year!