As I revisit everything on the 'stang, I felt the steering was a little loose lately.
I jacked it up and checked the front suspension.
Upper balljoints on both sides need replacing, and the bumpsteer tie rod ends.
It felt kind of like the lower ball joint was a little worn on the passenger side, so;
I ordered uppers/lowers and the bumpsteer kit.
Also I noticed a few posts on suspension issues, so I thought I would post up a few photos on bumpsteer, an mapping toe change.
Simple (and it took two days to do this) way is to unhook the sway bar, and remove the coil spring from the side that you are checking.
Set the car up on a level surface
Swing the suspension through the arc of travel
At each interval, map the toe change.
Add a shim to the bumpsteer end
You are looking for the shim that gives you closest to zero toe change
I had a laser set up to more easily read the measurement, as well as a long straight edge, effectively making the smaller toe changes easier to see.
Once one side is done, switch to the other.
Once I get the suspension parts here, I can post up some photos on how to do the balljoints change and bumpsteer, wheel alignment etc. If someone is interested.