1969 Mustang - Page 3 - Vintage Mustang Forums

7Likes

post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkland View Post
Thanks for all the pics.
My 1996 front seats fit fine, but when I tried to install the back seats, there is at least a 2"-3" gap on each side, and I can see into the trunk. Is the speaker box filling that gap in yours?
Its not perfect, but here is a better closeup of it. For the part looking into the trunk, I got some old pegboard and black vinyl wrapped it. I might consider taking the tan off of the 04 seat bottom and have it put on the stock 69 seat to fill that gap. Considering everything else that need attention on this car, I am not even going to tackle that for awhile.

Kirkland likes this.

1969 302 Coupe
2015 Focus ST

"The Truth is, Your the Weak, and I am the Tyranny of Evil Men!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 10:34 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackbar00 View Post
Oh yeah, there plenty of things to fix. I just need to get these few things done and THEN I think it will be safe to drive. I really have not driven it yet since i brought it home.

Car looks bitchen! What is the story with how yours is lowered?
Thank You, mine isn't done either! I have Adjustable front coil overs with Bilstein Sport shocks front & Rear & 4.5 Mid Eye Leaf, Had to roll the fenders so the wide tires wouldn't rub.

post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Ok, Next....

The PS setup never had the hose bracket, so I added that.

After that, I put on my Sub-Frame connectors from last year. Was a minor PIA to put in, just hope it worth it. One of these days, Ill have them welded in, but for now, it is what it is.

Then I got the Brake Lines replaced. The old ones were all shades of messed up. One had major dry rot, another had a hole almost rubbed through it, and the rear was sitting on a turndown. When I put the replacement rear braided line, I noticed they bent the bracket and lines to try and clear the turndown. While this helped the angle, it still rubbed. So I decided to put it back in stock config, re-bent the lines and bought a heat sleeve to protect it. Should be fine.

Damaged lines

New

Rear

When I pulled off the old "groovy" door panels and put the new ones on, I had no hardware what-so ever to put armrest back on the car. Being simple, I started to look into door pull straps. Ended up getting these lift gate straps from a Santa Fe (Part Number: 817922B000HZ ). Think it worked out pretty good!

New OEM Rear Liftgate Door Pull Handle Strap For 10-12 Santa Fe 817922B000HZ | eBay

Then finally, I got new tires for the Mach 1 rims. Delinte D7s in 245/45/17. Nice looking tire for the price. Would have put a bigger size in rear, just didn't have the money. Still, I like how it turned out. The front looks a little high, but they measured the same. Being the springs are brand new, I think it will settle a bit. I might speed that up by cutting a .25 - .50 coil out of it. Time will tell.

That's it for now, once i get it aligned, going to actually drive it. I know, a shocker.

1969 302 Coupe
2015 Focus ST

"The Truth is, Your the Weak, and I am the Tyranny of Evil Men!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page