Long time with no reply, sorry guys!
Short block is back from the machine shop with a clan bill of health. New mains and con-rod bearings. Pistons were cleaned up, new cam bearings in as well. Brough it to the shop, used POR15's engine enamel kit, degreased, acid etched, primed and painted Corporate blue. Will start reassembly this weekend.
Tore the front steering apart. Drag Link looked good, cleaned and repainted that. New Idler arm, and pitman arm, inner tie rods were replaced recently, but the outers already showed signs of wear, so ordered new ones from CJ. Those will be here soon.
Had a bit of a head scratcher with my Flaming river steering box. It was a long shaft box because of 65-66... but the new tilt column i got from Ididit already has the intermediate shaft in it with the tilt setup. So I removed the coupler that connects the input shaft and the intermediate shaft on the steering box, and then found myself a 3/4"x36 to 3/4"x36 spline rag joint. When that shows up, i'll be good to go there. Basically doing what a 67/68 has, only with 65-66 parts.
Burnt the midnight oil and then the first part of sunday morning gettin the drivers quarter skin welded on. This side turned out way better than the passenger side.
buttoned up the front suspension for now. Got the springs cut, saddles installed and shocks installed.
And last but not least. Cleaned off the rear end and put a fresh coat of Rust-o-leum satin black. Had to order new axle bearings and spacers, those should be here in the next day or so, then the machine shop will press them on and we should be able to get the rear end and rear suspension buttoned up this weekend. If so she may actually sit on the ground end of sunday.
Going to be doing the pedal cluster this week at work, and finishing the other valve cover.