Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Big Thumbs Up!

704 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  69fback 
#1 ·
Just wanted to say thanks again and give a Big Shout Out to Chris @ Mustang Restorations in Dundee for coming through yet again for me. Chris was the only reason I was able to make my 1st Power Tour in 2013 when he went through my transmission in record time which allowed me to leave Hoffman Estates and make the drive to Arlington, Texas for the start of the tour. Drove from Texas to North Carolina and back to Hoffman Estates with only my rear view mirror falling off (4 times).

This past Sunday I was leaving the first leg of my 2nd Power Tour in Madison, WI when my accelerator cable broke @ exit 1 just entering the Illinois border. Given this was Sunday, nothing really is open that would have the part so I ended up having the pony towed to a local Firestone in Rockford where it sat overnight. Next day I rented a Uhaul and came home with my first stop being Mustang Restorations. Chris told me to leave it hooked up and he would fix it right there. About 30 minutes later I'm on my way. I could have continued on with the Tour and only lost 1 day but my head was already screwy by then so I continued on home.

Just wanted to share this with you guys and to say thanks again to Chris and his crew. As long as I'm the lead mechanic on my car, you'll be seeing me again :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.