WTB 65-66 Coupe - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

WTB 65-66 Coupe

I'm looking for a solid driver that I can take out and enjoy on nice days and upgrade down the road after I get rid of my current money pit (race car). I'm an auto tech by trade so I can handle that aspect of things but I'm not interested in a car that's going to need body work and would like something that the interior is nice so the wife doesn't hate riding in it. Doesn't matter auto or manual but obviously would prefer manual. I'm located outside of Gettysburg PA and would like to keep to a 200 mile radius but am open to travel further for the right car. If anyone has something or knows of something that fits what I'm looking for, please let me know. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 01:13 AM

And.....?
What's your budget for such a car?

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 04:21 AM

https://athensga.craigslist.org/cto/6054217957.html

Thought about this one myself. East of Atlanta, but a great deal for the right person.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldog View Post
And.....?
What's your budget for such a car?
I didn't want to throw that out there to avoid people pricing things right at the number. I'm sitting on 15k cash for this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 09:31 AM

I spoke yesterday with the fellow that has the '66 in Georgia. It's a factory deluxe interior car, C-code auto. He THINKS that he has everything, except weather stripping and a windshield, needed to put the car back together. It's a drum brake car, but if you look at the pics, it has a power booster. The guy said that the body and paint is good but he's had a knee replacement and has back trouble too, and that he knows that he'll never be able to finish the car.
I think he might bend on the price a bit. A deluxe interior kit is about $1500-2K. It needs bumpers and weatherstripping and front glass. I think you could have a nice, a/c car for under $12K. JMO, however.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 10:25 AM

I have a rare 66 coupe. On Long Island. C code, PS, AC, PDB, deluxe interior, tinted glass, console, deluxe wheel, nice chrome, am 8 track. Contact me at Cobandi@aol.com. or 631-833-030five. Bob Springtime yellow with parchment/green deluxe interior. No metal work needed.

1971 Spring Sport Special.
1969 Fastback, 408ci, 5 Speed.
1971 Mach 1, M code, ram air, 4 speed, loaded.
1969 GT California Special, M code, Tach, Speed Control, Tilt, AC, AM/FM, Intermittant Wipers, Ford Dealers Wife's car, all the goodies.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMitch91 View Post
I'm looking for a solid driver that I can take out and enjoy on nice days and upgrade down the road after I get rid of my current money pit (race car). I'm an auto tech by trade so I can handle that aspect of things but I'm not interested in a car that's going to need body work and would like something that the interior is nice so the wife doesn't hate riding in it. Doesn't matter auto or manual but obviously would prefer manual. I'm located outside of Gettysburg PA and would like to keep to a 200 mile radius but am open to travel further for the right car. If anyone has something or knows of something that fits what I'm looking for, please let me know. Thanks.
See my "K code" post....

Ken ..
64 1/2 Poppy Red too!, Cvt. Resto-Mod
333 Cu.in. T5z, 3:55, Dual 40 mm DCOE Webers
Performer RPM, CI cam, TFS/TWs, Tri-Ys, Discs w/Shelby Drums
Severna Park, MD
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 06:59 PM

I am in Salt Lake City listing my car. It needs restoration, but is solid enough you could buy it from me for roughly $2500 and then get it restored with the remainder and have a great daily driver, fun car. I got it 25 years ago, and just don't have teh interest in re-restoring. This is the link to my local ad for the car. 1965 Ford Mustang $3,000 | ksl.com
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 08:36 PM

I have a 65 2 door coupe that Is road ready! I am the second owner! It has 48000 original miles Runs Great with the 289 3 speed!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7462_1494808559353.jpg (44.9 KB, 9 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page