Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1970 351c Wanted

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Indianfiremach 
#1 ·
Hi all, I'm looking for a 1970 dated 351c 2v or 4v to go in my '70 Mach. The car was stolen at one point before I bought it and the thrives got the original motor. I just took out the Windsor that was in it and am trying to put the car back to stock. Let me know what you have, prefer good running over a block and a bunch of parts. Hopefully within driving distance of Charlotte. Thanks in advance, Jason.

#2 ·
How's NY? I got plenty

#4 ·
I agree there are several 351C to buy, But I was looking for one and found mostly all where not 1970 vintage. Finding a correct vintage along with it being complete is very hard, lastly, Finding one complete that is running VERY hard. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE but the odds are stacked against Finding a vintage 70 complete and running near your home in the year 2014. I ended up driving further than I wanted but got the what I needed, that was a few yeas ago, To Date the ad I ran never produced a motor near my home,. Just trying to help Ray

#7 ·
+1 on many others comments!! IE I have a 73 351 H code engine in great running condition but I am in NJ and yeah my engine would have a D2 number. Ray (9f02R) and Bob (71steed) are great resources for parts of the vintage you are talking.
Also sounds like the Va deal is close, closer than coming to the north east for sure.
All said how do you know your 70 mach was not a windsor engine car to begin with?
Good luck. Tony

#12 · (Edited)
The1970/351C i have i was ''told'' it only has about 5000 miles on it since rebuild. I have not personally heard it run. Haven't pulled a valve cover etc. to see if it is clean inside or all gunked up either..Need to pull a head on it and look at the cylinder walls for honing marks or top ring groove in the cylinders or if it's been bored.. Might give me a little more idea of the mileage anyway..Unless i know for sure the complete and truthful history on a motor i sell them as good rebuild-able cores only...:). Also i don't mind if someone wants to take off the oil pan, remove intake, boths heads and maybe a rod and main cap to inspect a little better before buying. At least they'll know a little more about the engine before getting it home..

#13 ·
Thanks for all of the good information in this thread. I appreciate it. My Marti report says "351 Cleveland engine" as the top line item. I cant believe it didn't have a 4v, it's a grabber orange shaker Mach 1, AC, ps, pdb, tach, tilt, intermittent wipers, fold down, convenience group, am fm stereo, even bumper guards! But no 4v or performance options. The ford exec that ordered it new ($4600) used it to commute into Detroit, so he wanted the 2v to save on gas.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.