Vintage Mustang Forums banner

World class T5 wanted for a 65 coupe 6 cylinder

549 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  dusto1002 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for, but I want to convert my 3-speed manual to a 5-speed. I'm told that what I want is a world class T5, then there are kits for the conversion.

If anyone is selling a world class tramsission, or knows of one, a heads up would be really appreciated. I've seen them new, but theyr'e too expensive.

Cheers!

#6 ·
Ideally your looking for a 87-93 Mustang V8 transmission. The "World Class" refers tot he tyoe of rings used in the transmission. All of the 87-93 transmissions are WC. Honestly used ones are a crap shoot even if you know what you're looking for. Someone like the craigslist link above is usually your best bet. Expect to pay around $1000 without a core for a rebuilt unit.

A search on this site should give you all of the info you need to do the swap. It's pretty straightforward if you already have a manual trans:
Install adapter plate
Install Trans
Aftermarket crossmember
Shorten Driveshaft 1"
Ready to go..... or something like that.

Patrick

#8 ·
I found mine for 200 and its a world class, I see your in my sort of area too. I live in san Jose. the bearing casing on W/C is larger than on a regular t5 its really easy to see once you know where it is, make sure not to get taken. The bearing will be about halfway covered by the input shaft.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.