1967 2B interior w/ aqua pieces?? - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

1967 2B interior w/ aqua pieces??

I am restoring a 1967 Lone Star Limited with the 2B interior. I would describe the steering wheel, the horn button, and the knee trim on the dash as "light blue." It doesn't appear that vendors supply those parts in a light blue, only in Dark Blue or Aqua. Is Aqua the correct color for these pieces (i.e. Aqua = "light blue"), or is light blue simply not available in the aftermarket?

Advice on sources for the correct parts would be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Steering.jpg (95.0 KB, 11 views)

--- 67LSL.com
Looking for leads, info, memorabilia, etc on all things related to the 1967 Lone Star Limited editions built for the Dallas DSO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 10:02 AM

Aqua would be code 2K. My car's aqua and it's pretty distinct from the blue.

You might end up having to buy new ones and paint them the lighter color. Or if they're ok just clean up your old parts and repaint them. I've had to do that with a few parts that don't come in aqua. NPD and most other vendors stock the paint in spray cans for all the different colors.

Last edited by Magnus; 01-11-2017 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Adding note about the paint
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 04:54 PM

Garage
I have a 67 with 2B also. I am rebuilding from a clean slate, so all of the vinyl is new. The knee pad and wheel center were lighter originaly, but I couldnt find those inlight blue. They dont look bad as they are now the same color as the dash and door covers. What really gets me is the wheel itself. The color doesnt match anything. Once things are all working again, going to a wood wheel will be my first redo. In person, the colors are actually a little darker than they look in this picture.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Hi Brad, thanks for the reply.

Your color scheme is likely where I'll end up. Where did you source your wheel, and what color do they call it?

Btw, I looked at your build thread. Nice work!

***EDIT: From your build thread I just saw a link to your blog where you have a link to NPD for the wheel. Thanks for documenting everything so thoroughly! I'm bookmarking your blog.

--- 67LSL.com
Looking for leads, info, memorabilia, etc on all things related to the 1967 Lone Star Limited editions built for the Dallas DSO

Last edited by 67LSL; 01-12-2017 at 11:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page