Need help with mounting/bolting wiring down for 67 turn signal hood - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

Need help with mounting/bolting wiring down for 67 turn signal hood

See photos. There is a plastic bracket wrapped in the harness with a loose wire about a foot from the plug that plugs into the underhood harness near the fire wall. I'm assuming the loose wire with the ring connector is another ground wire like the one bolted on the hood.

Where does this wire and bracket mount/screw into? There is a dimple on the cowl right above the hood seal and than there are dimples on the fire wall.

If it doesn't matter, where is a good spot to screw in on the firewall? Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (84.1 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (89.4 KB, 28 views)

1967 Fastback GT S Code - Sold
1967 Fastback GTA S Code
1967 Fastback A Code - Needs Restoration
1967 Coupe 289 C Code
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 05:57 PM

The ground goes on the hood and the harness runs into the round hole towards the bottom of the hood and comes out at the one towards the top.
Then there are clips that are placed at the studs for mouthing the turn signals.

Google pics will bring up several examples.

1967 Sports Sprint 289 Coupe

Last edited by IndyFive-O; 01-25-2017 at 06:03 PM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

I already have everything routed and plugged in, just need to know where the black plastic clip and other ground wire mount to. See photos of what I'm talking about. Thanks

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f67stang View Post
I already have everything routed and plugged in, just need to know where the black plastic clip and other ground wire mount to. See photos of what I'm talking about. Thanks
If you GOOGLE this with pics you will see where and how it goes.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 12:28 AM

I'm at work tonight, I have or can take a couple pics of mine. My '67 has a NOS hood, NOS lights & wire. Also don't forget black grommets for wire holes in the hood. I'll post up Thur morning. Pics also at firewall.

If you borrow a tool more than twice, you need to own it You get what you pay for!
George email: <myhawk@gsinet.net>
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtysevenGTconv View Post
I'm at work tonight, I have or can take a couple pics of mine. My '67 has a NOS hood, NOS lights & wire. Also don't forget black grommets for wire holes in the hood. I'll post up Thur morning. Pics also at firewall.

I found an old thread discussion I remember having on this awhile back. My under hood pics on this, aqua colored car.
'67 Turn Signal Hood - wiring harness question
Hope this helps.

If you borrow a tool more than twice, you need to own it You get what you pay for!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 11:54 AM

TThis might be one of those "different practices at different assembly plant" things.

Roddster
67 GT 350: MCA & SAAC Gold winner
67 S code GTA coupe
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 04:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtysevenGTconv View Post
Not all cars had the grommets for the wire holes. My Dearborn April 4th build car never had them and I still have the original blinker hood on it. Ford went through several version of the blinker hood. Early cars had the blinker wires running up exposed under the hood, running outside the channel or rib on the underside of the hood, held in place by plastic wire holders. Until reports from the field came in, especially with the 390 cars, that the holders were melting from engine heat. So Ford re-routed the blinker wires up inside the hood channel, coming out at the top where they then went sideways to the blinker lights. For these cars, some used a grommet for the wire holes, some didn't. Some holes had a chamfer (raised section surrounding the wire hole), some didn't. It depended on what factory built the car and when in the model year it was.
Between the hood, all the different steering boxes, and other change items 1967 was a funny year at Ford.

[/SIGPIC]67 Fastback GT -- original colour (Frost Turquoise), original 289 A code engine. Pic is of me and the Mustang taken in May of '67, with original F70-14 Wide Ovals. Same car is now restored to "as new" but 3 speed tranny swapped out for 4 speed back in the mid '80's, with tach dash, original Equalock rear, Koni's, Opentracker UCA, LCA, roller perches and idler arm, roller bearing pedal cluster, Cibie headlights, 4100 carb (old 4300 put in storage probably forever)
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 07:43 PM

Yea suppose so. The '67 year was a true mixed up model year run. Tons of production changes from beginning of run to the end. So go info...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page