Shaker Mach 1 hood color - Vintage Mustang Forums

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

Shaker Mach 1 hood color

First of all thanks for any response. I do know this question probably has been asked hundreds of times. Really at one point in time I knew where to find this info, but after many years I am finally trying to finish off my 69 Mach 1 390 shaker #s matching . I want the car to be factory correct.

What is the color of the shaker scoop ?
Can any one provide a paint number for the shaker scoop? Black and silver ! I want to bring this to my paint supplier so I can match a known paint code for these items.

What was the color of the blacked out hood?
Can any one provide a paint number for the hood black out paint? I want to bring this to my paint supplier so I can match a known paint code.

Where can I get a template for the blacked out hood dimensions striping, and radius's ?

Thank You all very much!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2583.jpg (92.5 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by 69390IPSHAKER; 03-22-2017 at 02:27 PM. Reason: forgot picture
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 02:11 PM

Looks like ppg 9295. I assume you are certain your car had hood blackout. Not all machs had them. And then some got them that probably should not have as my black mach originally came from factory. here is some info:
1969 Mach 1 Flat blackout hood paint

Current piles of rust 1965: New yorker***1968: GTO convert, Lemans convert Porche 911***1969: MustangGT convert, Mach1 S code Mach1, Mach1 CobraJet R code GTO convert, Firbird Convert 1970 Boss 302***1972: Charger***1999:f250 CNG truck***2011:nissan Altima ---> I need to get rid of some of this junk lol
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 02:18 PM

This is the stripe detail which is also in that link. Also, somewhere, I have seen a stencil kit for this so someone will ring in on this. Stripe detail.
Mustangs By Mike :: Mach 1 Hood Blackout :: Mustang_Group

Current piles of rust 1965: New yorker***1968: GTO convert, Lemans convert Porche 911***1969: MustangGT convert, Mach1 S code Mach1, Mach1 CobraJet R code GTO convert, Firbird Convert 1970 Boss 302***1972: Charger***1999:f250 CNG truck***2011:nissan Altima ---> I need to get rid of some of this junk lol

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

My Mach 1 did have the blackout hood. Paint code on the door data plate is C5. Never thought it would be so difficult to find the actual black used on the hood blackout, shaker scoop, and Shaker mid plate. Still have no real answers. Need MCA to weigh in on what these colors are supposed to be ?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Doing research this am and still baffled with the Mach 1 color scheme for blackout hood and shaker.
When I research the Sherwin Williams and Ditzler number given in past posts. The black out hood is a Low gloss black ! When sprayed out it sorta looks like a dark grey very dull. I assume this is coorect ? I have seen some car with similar black out but dont know for sure what is correct Low gloss black etc..

As far as the shaker, trim ring, and midplate I have got several different opinions. Semi Gloss black, semi flat black, and Matte black.
Holy crap I am confused still.

Is the a writen spot on guide line to restore these items back to factory appearance ? An MCA guideline for the finishes on the blackout hood. shaker, trim ring , and mid plate.

Help I am supposed to paint these this coming Tuesday and still am very confused
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 03:08 PM

Did you do any research over at ConcoursMustang Forums - Index ?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 06:45 PM

69-70 Boss 302 Mach1 428 Cobra Jet Duracryl Low Gloss Paint Hood Decklid Tail | eBay

66' Mustang GT coupe 4 speed
69' Mach 1 428 CJ-R
67' Shelby GT500 clone project
2012 F150 S/C 5.0 RCSB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Vintage Mustang Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page