Vintage Mustang Forums banner

66 interior trim colors and seat frame question

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  hughnews1 
#1 ·
Hello! First post so if this isn't in the right forum I apologize.

My father recently bought a 1966 coupe (to replace his first car, a 65 coupe) and we are a little confused on the interior trim. The code is 27, which is aqua vinyl with aqua trim but what about the dashpad, headliner, and carpet? (Or is that the "trim" part?) Every interior kit we can find is a mixture of aqua and blue. Is that correct?

Also, I pulled the nasty upholstery off of one of the original seat frames and the metal is pretty rough. How were they finished originally, just in case I have to strip the down and refinish them.

Thanks!
Mike

#2 ·
The interior should be a two tone mix of aqua and turquoise (dark blue/green). The turquoise probably looks like blue on the computer screen. What colors are your interior parts now?

I've got a '67, so the '66 might be a little different, but I think the dash pad and carpet should be turquoise and the headliner should probably be the light aqua.

The seat frames should probably have some black paint on them underneath all of the vinyl, jute, and burlap.

You posted this in the Concours section so I'm sure someone will come along and correct me if I'm wrong so you can put the car back to the way it left the factory.

HTH

#3 ·
^correct.

Post pix of what you have and links to "kits" you are considering.

#5 ·
Concours is the forum for info on how a Stang was made originally. It's pretty slow here because most end up on the vintage forum then go over to concours for exact things.

Welcome to VM
Slim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.