Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Wheels tires

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  chillininnh 
#1 ·
Throwing wheels and tires back on here.

Torque Thrust 2's brand new

front 17x8 4.75 bs with nitto 255x45 17 tires
back 17x9.5 6.25bs with nitto 285x40x17 tires

0 miles on them just holding my car up. Going back to 15's Pics are in sig. $900.00 obo.

#2 ·
I really wish they were 7/8 width instead of 8/9.5. I don't think they will fit my 67 unfortunately.

#3 ·
They should or may. I had to trim the bump stops and use a 5/16 spacer and I have almost finger width to the lip and a finger to the springs. 67 should be darn close. I didn't have to trim the lip at all and it fits up in the wheel well. The front is the same but I did roll them when I did the car. You may want a different tire on the front for clearance. Someone with a 67-68 will probably chime in.

#4 ·
Let me throw a curve ball into the situation, it's a 66 rear under it. So it probably has a half inch less rear end clearance on each side to the leaf springs. Small chance of this but if you find a buyer for your rears I'd be interested in the 17x8's for my rear. I could source some 17x7's elsewhere.

#5 ·
8 and 9.5 fit a 67 just fine. The wheel even have the right BS for the car. The issue is that with the 65 width rear you will need spacers in the back for it to work and the 255 tire is a questionable fit for the front (even on a 69/70).

The wheel wells are the same save 67-70

#6 ·
Do you have any larger pics of the wheels on your car?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.